Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Travelling Beekeeper from Asia  (Read 3384 times)

Offline FiltrationTip

• New Bee
    • Honey Filtration Tips
Travelling Beekeeper from Asia
« on: August 08, 2007, 10:58:42 pm »
Just new to this forum.  I have been involved in honeybees for a long time.  To be more accurate, at least 15 years.  Started keeping bees in Oklahoma, USA and now resides in Malaysia but travelled to other parts of Asia and learned some pretty amazing things about beekeeping in China. 

I would like to share my experience and passion with as many as possible.
An experience honeybee keeper.  Having learned from the best honeybee researchers in the world. Now sharing some of the secrets in beekeeping methods that is a collection of best practices in the industry.  The secrets to improving the population of the hive, improving the honey yield and tips on filtration methods can be found on his website.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Travelling Beekeeper from Asia
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:11:00 pm »
Welcome to the forums.

I would love to hear about some of the techniques used in Malaysia and other parts of Asia.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:12:32 pm »
Indeed, any additional information/knowledge can only help!
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 11:12:00 am »
Filtration Trip.  I missed your post somehow, you haven't posted again.  Why don't you post some of your experiences so we can share them too.  All experiences are welcomed, we are a curious group.  Have a wonderful day, best of this day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline adriannajennifer

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2013, 03:30:24 pm »
hi,

i need to buy bees for malaysia. where did you get yours? Prefer apis mellifera ligustica. and how much did u pay? please reply at adrianna.laska@gmail.com

Thank you and regards,
aj

Moots

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2013, 06:50:59 pm »
hi,

i need to buy bees for malaysia. where did you get yours? Prefer apis mellifera ligustica. and how much did u pay? please reply at adrianna.laska@gmail.com

Thank you and regards,
aj

aj,
Not sure if you noticed or not, but the OP in this thread is from August of '07, over 6 years ago, and the user hadn't posted since.

You might get lucky, but I wouldn't sit around waiting for an email.  :-D

You might want to try starting a fresh thread with a more meaningful subject and you might have better luck.

Good luck!  :)

Offline adriannajennifer

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »
yeah thanks i figured that... any suggestions? i'm at wits end on finding bees Italian bees here.  any resources would be helpful

Thanks!
AJ

Moots

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 03:15:14 pm »
yeah thanks i figured that... any suggestions? i'm at wits end on finding bees Italian bees here.  any resources would be helpful

Thanks!
AJ

AJ,
Sorry, wouldn't have a clue where to point you.  The only suggestion I could make, which I'm sure you've done....GOOGLE IT!  Try lots of varieties of searches and drill down deep in them.  Never know what you mind find.  Also, any clubs you can locate in your area may be a good starting point.

Good Luck!  :)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 04:16:47 pm »
check over on the facebook page for beemaster

https://www.facebook.com/groups/55633188198/

you might find more international folks there who can point you in the right direction.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.