Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: package install  (Read 7420 times)

Offline leominsterbeeman

• House Bee
    • http://www.leominsterbeeman.com
package install
« on: July 02, 2004, 05:32:14 pm »
Trying to post a picture here

this is a package  installation from april 10.  
Gee,  all the bees in this picture, except the queen are dead.
Michael Keane
leominsterbeeman@comcast.net
http://www.leominsterbeeman.com

Anonymous

package install
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:00:52 am »
The picture showed up fine on my end. At 1215 x810 Pixles it is rather big and many will have trouble viewing the complete picture with out scrolling up and down and across. try to reduce the size down to the 600x400 range or even lower for a better view that doesn't over fill the screen. If your cameras down load program does not have a sizing feature here is a site that you can do it on. I haven't used it my self but on a old garden forum I used to brlong to every body raved about how nice it was compaired to many of the camera companys program.

http://www.irfanview.com/

:D Al

Offline Rob Mountain

• Brood
    • http://www.dadant.com/branch/Frankfort.html
package install
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 02:38:04 pm »
I do not appreciate your signature. Let's keep this relevant to beekeeping issues.  Express your opinion on the 4th of November.

Rob Mountain

Offline Phoenix

• House Bee
    • http://www.cafepress.com/beeholder
package install
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2004, 11:13:30 pm »
I do appreciate Trailtwister's signature...

Looks like your outvoted...

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
package install
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 12:05:51 am »
Quote from: Rob Mountain
I do not appreciate your signature. Let's keep this relevant to beekeeping issues.  Express your opinion on the 4th of November.

I also appreciate Trailtwister's signature.  And by the way, November 4th would be too late to "express your opinion. . ."  But you're certainly welcome to.

-- Kris

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
package install
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2004, 10:19:12 am »
I normally try to stay away from the non-beekeeping post and try to stay focused on the beekeeping topics.  But I will make an exception this time.

Although everyone DOES have a right to express their opinion,  I do believe we should be sticking to beekeeping in the main fora.  John has set up a fire ring for non-beekeeping topics.

I would hate to see these forums become degraded because of political views.

I think you are foolishly pushing away extremely knowledgeable beekeepers like Rob Mountain and others that can find better things to do with their spare time than participate in forums that continually push political agendas into ones face. Which is/will hurt this board in the long run.  I personally must admit, there are some posts that I think I could add value to and don't because of the persons need to show their political hatred in their signature.

I was one of the first on the board to put a political message in my signature, and quickly realized it could add no positive contribution to the growth and success of these fora.  So I removed it.  I would strongly urge others with political messages to remove them as well and lets get this place focused on what drew us here in the first place. BEEKEEPING!

Lets face it,  most people here already know who they are voting for come November.   Also don't forget there are many international members here as well that don't care to see our political bickering.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline golfpsycho

• House Bee
package install
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2004, 11:41:06 am »
It sure wouldn't hurt to have some of the guys from beesource dropping in and adding to the content here.  There is a wealth of knowledge and experience they bring with them, certainly a benefit to each of us.

I find the personal battles between some of the members and home depot, or lowes, or walmart, or who ever as entertaining, and I would hate to think that the BB needs to be so rigid that it can't be entertaining, and I have to admit, I have on more than one occasion attempted to stir the pot.  I look forward to adventures in beekeeping with beth.  (got that control tower done yet? :lol: )   I fire up the computer and wait to see what new drama is unfolding in kris' colony.  I anxiously await information on Robo's latest invention or creation, and try to guess how many paragraphs Beemaster will write to explain;  when brood rearing slows in the fall, remove the supers and harvest.  The site has a personality, and people are learning and having fun.

But Robo is correct in pointing out that beekeeping is what brought us here.   If elimination of statement type signatures and political positions in the general forums will get a more active and diversified membership, then I'm all for it.

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
package install
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 01:26:06 pm »
Quote from: golfpsycho
I fire up the computer and wait to see what new drama is unfolding in kris' colony.  

I pulled off a completed frame of honey from my super yesterday, and spun out 4 lbs. of honey.  I figure in two weeks I'll be able to pull at least another six out, all capped and ready to extract.  Oh, it tastes great!!

-- Kris

Anonymous

package install
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2004, 12:08:30 pm »
My Signature is how I feel about our troops and why they are there for the most part alone. I am againest the French bashing that has come about as a result of the full speed ahead and for get the other countrys feelings on the issue. I for one remember my History from school and Know I would be a loyal subject to the queen of England if the French had not stepped in to help. Yes a bit on the late side but with out them we would be like or even part of Canada. Although I think Canada is a fine country and like to vist there often I wouldn't want to live as they do. As for some one taking issue with it that is a shame that one signture can turn some one off from a fine forum.
The place to complain about it is also in the fire ring and not on anothers persons post who is trying to share a picture of the package install he did. I find that to be rude also. Going off subject on some one elses post, but untill now have chose to shut up.
 :D Al

anything