Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What our exploring found  (Read 6528 times)

Anonymous

What our exploring found
« on: October 09, 2004, 10:37:42 am »
Looks like a normal hive where the bees have been shut in for a day (27 hours). Was found behind a grarge and moved to a more comvent site to inspect them. The super had alread been removed. Found there.

:D Al

Anonymous

What our exploring found
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 10:48:49 am »
This mess was found on top of the deeps top bars. When we attempted to pull the fram it came out with out a bottom bar. Is there any bottom bars we wondered?

Tipping the deep on its side let us see the under side or bottom bars.

OH what a mess. there wasn't any nails in the bottom bars at all, only one nail in the sides of the top bars and every other hole for nails in the hive were empty.

Anonymous

What our exploring found
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 11:05:08 am »
Bob and I decided the best thing to do was to cut this mess out of the hive and tie it into fresh frames as best we could then feed them as much as they would take.
A week latter (Wednesday) I opened it for an inspection. they had chewed much of the string away and fastened the comb to the frames. The queen is doing well and laying like it is spring. Weird weather here has our flowering crab tree in bloom with no leaves and the snow ball bush is blooming again also.
Here are a bunch of random pictures.

I taking a look before cutting comb out.

Some of the frames had foundation at one time as I found wires as crimped wire foundation has.

A chunk of comb with brood

tieing some of the comb into frames.

Anonymous

What our exploring found
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 12:18:20 pm »

[/img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid141/p98ad36be9ea473304678b6500349f441/f6d8bff7.jpg[/img]

Anonymous

What our exploring found
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 12:25:34 pm »

There you have it, the story of the lost hive.
I know there is more to the story but I haven't heard it all yet.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
What our exploring found
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 06:58:11 pm »
Thoae poor bees, Without your help they would be dead at the beginning of winter in no time. bye
Ryan Horn

Anonymous

What our exploring found
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 08:01:12 pm »
:) Bob told me just a week ago they are sucking down a quart of honey a week. It has been to cold for him to open the hive to look at them but they are breaking cluster on the warmer days and appear to bee health and strong.
 :D  Al

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
What our exploring found
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 08:22:29 pm »
that is good, thanks for the update, bye
Ryan Horn

anything