Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: symbols  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
symbols
« on: April 06, 2009, 02:14:41 pm »
I am not sure where to post this question so hope I this is the right place.
Didn't we use to have these blue and pink symbols identifying members as male or female?
I noticed a new member online and I was trying to figure out if it was a man or woman so I looked for that symbol and didn't see it, then I noticed that no one had them.
Am I imagining all this or do I remember correctly?

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: symbols
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 02:19:45 pm »
It is located right above post count, but only there if the person identifies their gender in their profile.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 04:35:17 pm »
Robo, Thats what I thought but if you look it seems no one has them anymore. I used to but its gone.
I just went into my profile to check if I am still identified as a female and I am yet the symbol is gone.
Its no big deal, I just happened to notice and thought I would inquire.

Offline eri

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 04:46:58 pm »
Natalie -- the symbols display in my browser, Firefox. What web browser are you using?
On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 04:49:42 pm »
I think I found the issue.  Let me guess, you are using the grey theme???   I see it is not working for that theme.  This is the issue with supporting multiple themes, any little tweak needs to be done to every theme.  That is why when we move to SMF 2.0, we will only be supporting the default and  classic (John twisted my arm) themes.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 04:55:25 pm »
Yup, its the grey theme. I switched the other day when John was encouraging us to try the other colors.
I will just switch back. I like to know if I am talking to a man or a woman, it just helps you to connect more and understand some of their questions better.
Thanks Robo.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 04:56:44 pm »
Yup, John's fault :hissyfit:

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2009, 04:59:39 pm »
Hey look I am a woman again. :-D
Problem solved, this color isn't all that much different from the grey anyway.
See why I am so resistant to change, bad things can happen, I couldn't tell if I was a dude or a lady.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:18:04 pm »
Sorry for any inconvenience Rob - I just have to have the Classic Theme around - don't even know where you got the others (except the default of course) I think you were just testing different colors out - but over 40 (43 I think I saw a few days ago - including a few Mods) use the Classic Theme.

I can't do that Blue and white - maybe most people are into retro colors like that, but when I come in here, it is to relax and nothing does it by 1) no messages in the Mod Forum 2) no nasty grams in PM and 3) the Classic color theme!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 06:24:31 pm »
I second the classic theme, that blue is hard on my eyes too,compared to the classic.I got the man sign!!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 06:25:25 pm »
I never saw a place to change colors. How do I do that????

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 06:33:50 pm »
Annette
Open your profile.On left side is look and layout.Click on that and you will see current theme.Click the word change by the current theme and you will have a few options listed.Be aware that when the forum format changes only the default and classic will remain as options. Hope this helps!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 07:10:15 pm »
Annette:

I typed this out a few days ago, just saw Kens post as I posted it though. Thanks for seconding the theme Ken :)

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,21011.0.html
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 12:37:43 am »
OK I will play around a while.

anything