Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: International Beekeeping Meetup Day in 4 Days  (Read 4197 times)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
International Beekeeping Meetup Day in 4 Days
« on: June 17, 2004, 04:51:18 pm »
OK Has any heard of this?

International Beekeeping Meetup Day
in 4 Days

http://beekeeping.meetup.com/members/374
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 07:30:50 pm »
I took a look at the site. What's it all about really? I saw there was 1 person, about 50 miles from me signed up. At the price of gas I'm not going that far right now. But I'm not sure I fully even understand what the "meetup" is all about. Just getting together with people who are near you and talking and stuff?
I saw you signed up. What did that give you? Were you then able to write with people in your area?

Beth

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 05:50:21 am »
I was told that there wasn't enough people in my area to do this.
But being new to bee I figures it might be a good way to meet people in beekeeping.
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Beekeping Chatroom Open At AIM
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 09:10:04 am »
In keeping with an INTENATIONAL BEEKEEPING DAY...

SATURDAY JUNE 18, FROM 12 noon EST (-5 gmt) to midmight - I will have my BEEMASTER'S MEMBERS FORUM CHATROOM opened at AOL Instant Messenger.

Username NJBeemaster - add that name to your buddy list, or download the free AIM program at www.aim.com and joing a 12 hour meeting online for all member and guests.

You just need to contact me during the chatroom time and I'll invite you into the chatroom to talk and meet with other members and guests.

The AIM Chatroom feature is quite nice and has LOTS of room for everyone wanting to chat live with others from the forum.

So download the free software (you do not have to be member of AOL to download or use this software - it runs about 2.2 megs in size and is a great communications program) and then add NJBeemaster to your contact list - you will see that I'm online - send me a message and I'll send you an invite to the chatroom.

Later today, I'll make this a ANNOUNCEMENT here in GENERAL - and if the chatroom feature works good, we'll do this more often.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow in the chatroom
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 07:17:42 pm »
OK
I guess either it's today
Or you mean Sat the 19th.

lol
I'm bad with dates so I always check.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 08:22:10 pm »
Opppps - yes SATURDAY the 19th, 2004 - sorry about that.

I'm opening a chatroom NOW if anyone wants to come in - see you there

AIM username NJBeemaster will be open from 7:30pm est (-5GMT) until midnight same zone FRIDAY NIGHT to practice and get aquainted..
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything