Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Has anyone used apivar-life  (Read 2621 times)

Offline tom

• House Bee
Has anyone used apivar-life
« on: October 16, 2006, 10:21:05 pm »
Hello

Today i got my order of apivar-life to treat my hives for mites and boy does it has a loud smell. And my girls did not enjoy it to much but after awhile they calmed down and went about thier daily work they are still bringing in pollen and nector and it seems the frost did not hurt the aster because it is still coming out all over the place.But i just wanted to know if anyone has had luck with this product for mites.

Tom

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 07:40:55 am »
I've never tried it.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Ginger Bush

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 02:05:01 pm »
Nor I.
A lie travels halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.

Winston Churchill, et all

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:24:33 pm »
I don't use it, nor do I ever intend to.  The reports from those who have seems to indicate it acts much like a fume board, making the bees proddy and early season applications seems to induce swarming or absconding.  Just my opinion based on heresay.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline tom

• House Bee
I have it on my hives
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:58 am »
Hello

I have it on my hives and it seems not to be bothering them as much now as when i first put it in the hives they are working still even thou it was raining hive three was working like crazy on the feeders i had filled from the other day and they seem the not be bothered by the smell it smells like menthol then anything else. But it seems to make my girls alittle more stress free and they are still gentle as always and it sure does keep the flies away and yellow jackets from bothering them.

Tom