Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beekeeping in Germany?  (Read 12079 times)

Offline teezbees

• New Bee
    • Buzzed and Confused
Beekeeping in Germany?
« on: July 05, 2011, 11:07:30 pm »
My company is sending me to Wiesbaden, Germany for a 3 week work assignment in September. Does anyone know of a beekeeping operation within driving distance I could visit while I'm there?

Thanks,

Travis

http://www.buzzedandconfused.blogspot.com
Facebook: T Bee's Honey Bees

Offline shuesler

• New Bee
Re: Beekeeping in Germany?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:58:23 am »

We live in Switzerland just over the boarder from Germany....but it is 3 hours and 40 minutes to Wiesbaden from where we live, so I don't think you want to drive so far.

I would send you a link but I am "Newbee" here. 

Search under "Deutscher Imkerbund"

When you get to the opening page then look on the left hand side of the page.  You should see on the very bottom "kontat"  That means "contact"

Fill in your information and send them a little note with your dates that you will be there and the address where you will be staying...possibly even a phone number if you have one while there. 

I hope that this will get you in contact with someone in Germany.....Good Luck!

Good luck
Beekeeping since 2010, Chickens since 2005, Homeschooling since 2002, Guinea Pigs since 1996, Living in Swizterland since 1995,  Mother of 5 since 1990, Married since 1989

Offline swanson475

• Brood
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 11:38:41 pm »
What part of Switzerland. I have a friend that we visit in Breginz, Austria. Would like to come visit some time when we go back over. Probably be a couple of years though.

Offline shuesler

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 02:46:48 am »
We live in the canton of Aargau, and we are only about 45 minutes from Zurich. 

At the moment I don't have ANY colonies.  All five died over the winter.  Two were VERY weak going into November and by spring all of them were dead.  We had a VERY cold winter and with all the varoa mites, well, they just didn't make it.  Even more experienced beekeepers in Switzerland lost quite a few of their colonies this past winter.  Not sure how Europe as a whole is doing, though. 

I didn't start up again this spring since I was taking a 6 month vacation to the U.S. to visit family and friends.  Didn't think my hubby would want to take care of my girlies while I was gone.   I will start up again with some new "girls" in the spring of 2013 since I won't be back in Switzerland until late October of this year.

Feel free to contact me if you ever make it over.  I would be glad to show you my bees and if I don't have any, I can surely put you in touch with someone that does.  :-)
Beekeeping since 2010, Chickens since 2005, Homeschooling since 2002, Guinea Pigs since 1996, Living in Swizterland since 1995,  Mother of 5 since 1990, Married since 1989

Offline Satch

• House Bee
  • Grandpa and Brandon in the hives
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 10:33:13 am »
Was in Wiesbaden in the late 80's.  Also in Zurich for a few weeks.  Beautiful country and great food.

Was not into beekeeping at the time, but would be very interesting to see any differences in beekeeping techniques.