Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The seeds have done very well  (Read 5132 times)

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
The seeds have done very well
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:28:03 pm »
I believe I have posted this somewhere else, but want to mention this again.

The seeds I received from Cindi for the Anise Hyssop really took off and the beautiful purple flowers are keeping the bees very happy.

Also the seeds I received from Sharon (dayvalleydahlias) are doing great and there are beautiful tall bushes with many flowers that the bees are devouring.

I will post photos soon I promise.

Thanks to you both for providing me with these seeds and making my bees strong and healthy.

Love
Annette

Here they are:

There you have it. I took the photos of the anise hyssop early in the cool morning which is why you do not see the bees all over them, but they love them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:38:00 pm by annette »

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
Re: The seeds have done very well
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 02:02:45 pm »
Cindi and Sharon take a look. Your seeds really meant something to me. They are very precious and I still have more left for next year.

Love you
Annette

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 08:51:46 pm »
Hey Annette, this is the first chance I've had to see those pics.  Hey they look great!  What are those blue things on the bottom?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 01:55:15 am »
They are the Anise Hyssop from seeds I received from Cindi.  The bees are all over them right now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 05:35:31 pm by annette »

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:51 am »
Cindi sent me some seeds as well but I haven't planted them yet because I am a terrible person, please forgive me Cindi.

I do have a spot picked out for them though, does that give me points?

Annette, your flowers look wonderful!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:12:42 am »
Annette, well done!!!  Those dahlias are astounding, the hyssop look wonderful too!!!  My dahlias are now beginning to set blooms, I was very late in getting the seedlings into the gardens, so the plants are not very tall, but they have the most beautiful blooms too.  I have taken pictures also, but time has not been on my side for some time now, but I will get them posted to show Sharon too.

JP, you bad!!!  (kidding).  You will be able to set the seeds when time allows for you, no worries about that.  Maybe next year you will get around to it, the seeds will keep for many years and still be viable.  When you do set them to the soil, you will have some very beautiful purple flowers, just like Annette's.  Beautiful and most wonderful of these days, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 08:36:05 pm »
 Good job Annette!! I have one plant that looks like your second picture! Thats the only one that made it through the heat, but now I'm sure that it was Sharons!
 She must be busy doing the flowers this summer as I havent seen much of her in the forums....I miss her :(

your friend,
john

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 10:33:13 pm »
I miss Sharon also. Hope she is doing well. This summer has been a busy one for lots of people. Hopefully come winter all our old bee friends will come back on.

Take care
Annette

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 11:15:28 am »
John and Annette, yep you guys are right, this end of summer business is a busy time for many people, getting back into the routines of the fall, summer long gone, I'll be back soon too, with tales to tell, things to see, so for now, just doin' that busy thing.  Have the most beautiful, most wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 08:08:33 pm »
Good work Annette!!!  Very nice!

Offline adgjoan

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 07:10:16 am »
Anette, you grew those dahlias from seed???  Awsome. love the blue flowers as well.

Adgjoan

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 07:39:28 pm »
The seeds are from Cindi and Sharon and they grow them all the time from seeds. Aren't they awesome??

I truly appreciate these seeds and I walked around the garden today just watching the bees devouring the anise and then the dahlias. Looks like they were covered with pollen from the dahlias.

Makes me so happy!!