Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: first day of school  (Read 3482 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
first day of school
« on: April 10, 2010, 10:06:28 am »
Everyone has childhood memories. Like I remember on my first day of school my parents dropped me off at the wrong nursery. There I was... surrounded by trees and bushes.

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
Re: first day of school
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 10:21:05 am »
Sounds like my first day!

Actually I was leaving elementary school in the rain and jumped into the wrong '68 Bonneville. I was wondering why my mom looked so different.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:24:26 am »
Priceless

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 12:59:53 pm »
Priceless

My sister was alittle more upset than I. It took her quite some time to figure out what was happening...  :-D   

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:13 pm »
You guys got rides to school?? I had to walk through a blizzard (rare here in Florida) 10 miles, uphill both ways, after a hearty breakfast of cold gruel. Geesh, some people really got it made! :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 12:32:33 pm »
You guys got rides to school?? I had to walk through a blizzard (rare here in Florida) 10 miles, uphill both ways, after a hearty breakfast of cold gruel. Geesh, some people really got it made! :-D

Scott
You got breakfast?! Man, you had it made!

Offline Ollie

• House Bee
    • www.olliesrockwall.com
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 01:03:14 am »
I don't believe one word of it!
Ten miles up hill in.... Florida.
Life is good...Make it gooder!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 09:49:15 am »
Was dragged to school, kicking and screamin', but was the first one to stand up with my hand over my heart to recite the pledge of allegiance, is what my Mom says.

Course I was the first one always kicked outta class too.  :evil:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 02:17:07 am »
I know about having to walk to and from school, up hill both directions.  After school we had to walk to my grandmother's house, cause we were poor and both ma and pa worked out, and she lived further up the hill than the school.  One winter when the creek rose during a rain storm it flooded our attic, of course it also flooded the basement, main floor, and upstairs too.  We decided to build a new house over the basement as there was just no way we were going to get the old house the ten miles back up stream what with having to get it under 1 highway and 2 railroad bridges.

Brian   :brian:

KF7IMY
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 06:39:14 pm »
School? What's school?
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything