Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: starting over  (Read 1867 times)

Offline organicgrl37

• House Bee
starting over
« on: May 01, 2008, 12:58:42 am »
some of you may know that i used to do some beekeeping in my old home state of MA. since my move to the ever lovely city of cleveland ( 11 years ago) i haven't been around any beekeepers or hives,....anyhooo. i am so excited because i am finally getting an opportunity to work with bees again. my good buddy tim has purchased 2 hives on a whim. he didn't read up on keeping or anything, (i know, very unwise) he doesn't have a clue. i told him about this forum and now he has asked me for my help. i am really excited to get back into beekeeping, i just want to shout. i am also terrified that i don't remember everything so clearly and much has changed. i am so glad that i have this forum. i will be reading and drinking every bit of the knowledge base here. celebrate spring, celebrate me getting back to the bees. YAHOOOOOOOOO :lol: :) ;) :-* :-D :mrgreen:

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: starting over
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 01:09:04 am »
Organicgrl37.  I remember your life stories that you shared with us here on the forum.  It is nice to see you posting again on the forum, you have more time on your hands now?  If so, wonderful and good.  Hope all is well.  Isn't that just wonderful that you are going to have a chance to work with the bees again.  You know darn well that once you start to work with them, all those tiny teeny pieces of knowledge that lead up to a whole big bunch of knowledge will float back into your mind.  It will be easier than you think it will, and I can bet my bottom dollar, you will surprise yourself with what you will bring back from those cobwebs of your mind.  I am happy for you, have that beautiful and most wonderful day, we be lovin' our lives we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 07:46:07 am »
Welcome back to the forum organicgirl!
And welcome back to bees.I sure it will refresh the memory real quick!And if not,heck this is something fun to learn over.

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 07:56:40 am »
What fun!

You may want to check out some of the local bee clubs. Don't know whether the Cuyahoga club or the North Coast club will be closer - depends on how far east you are.
http://www.ohiostatebeekeepers.org/Regional%20%26%20County%20Clubs/countyclubs.html

And I've heard for years about the Tri-Counties meeting in Wooster every March. I'm definitely gonna make the trip one of these years.