Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Recieved --- Mann Lake  (Read 5286 times)

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
Recieved --- Mann Lake
« on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »
Got my order in today from Mann Lake. One item was back ordered. THe bulk of the order was split bottom frames. I like the way the bottoms are made vs Kelly. More to nail too.
John 3:16

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Recieved --- Mann Lake
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 11:08:59 pm »
i have always been really happy with their stuff.  since they are closer to me, the shipping is usually the deal maker, but their stuff is pretty nice.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 11:43:18 pm »
i have always been really happy with their stuff.  since they are closer to me, the shipping is usually the deal maker, but their stuff is pretty nice.

Took a week to get here but no problem no rush .... the shipping was free and the supplies were the same price or a little cheaper on some :th_thumbsupup:
John 3:16

Offline Bush_84

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 09:18:28 am »
Their customer service is great as well! 
Keeping bees since 2011.

Also please excuse the typos.  My iPad autocorrect can be brutal.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 09:22:50 am »
I've always been happy with the quality of their stuff.    Sometimes shipping takes a little longer than I'd hope,  but free makes up for it.   Only time I have every been somewhat unhappy was last time I orders a bunch of hive bodies and they shipped on a pallet by truck.   They just stacked all the loose hive body parts on a pallet and ran shrink wrap around it.  Needless to say,  all the pieces shifted and by the time I got the pallet off the truck and to my shop,  pieces where falling out along the way.   It almost looked like they started with a broken up pallet as cross boards where missing on one end and all the parts where stacked on the other end.  Good way to get rid on broken down pallets (?).   Everything was there,  so I didn't complain.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 09:56:05 pm »
Rob,
Maybe your shipping will be quicker with the PA store open now.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 10:04:38 pm »
That would be nice.  I know Brushy stuff comes quicker now that they are in PA.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 10:52:02 pm »
Same here. I like the free shipping especially  when the prices are the same before shipping is added by the other guys. The service has been great also.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 11:23:46 am »
Their customer service is great as well! 

And free shipping!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 08:28:22 pm »
I buy from Mannlake also.
I buy mostly frames and foundation.
I get queen rearing supplies from them also.
Everything especially the frames and foundation is top grade and matches nicely.
Plus Free Shipping means a lot to me.
Brushy Mountain has good stuff and they have free shipping sometimes, EAST of the Mississippi River.
I live on the West bank.
Sooooooooooooooo
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline ScituateMA

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2014, 09:34:38 am »
I like their free shipping. Shipping takes little bit longer butno complain about that.
I bought plastic frame with foundation from mannlake last time. I have used plastic frames from  pierco and mann lake so far. They have to do something with the amount of wax they coat. Very cheap. I can not even say that plastic is coated with wax without leaving any unwaxed spot. They are more like wax dots on foundation. Plastic frame manufacturers should definitely do something about that. I as a costumer am happy to pay little extra for extra wax coated plastic frames that bees like them, but dont ignore them. I kinda force them to draw cheaply wax coated plastic foundation

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 10:16:56 pm »
capt44

You do realize Walter T. Kelley has free shipping year round in the lower 48 of USA with an order of $200

https://www.kelleybees.com/about.html

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline capt44

• Field Bee
  • If it don't work I'll always think it should have
    • RV BEES
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 11:20:57 pm »
This might offend some folks but here I go.
I've had folks bring their wooden frames and foundations as well as boxes that came from Kelly.
Sometimes the box joints wouldn't match right making the boxes wobble, had to do a lot of sanding a planning to get them to sit right.
It might be just me but as far as I'm concerned Mann Lake's wooden ware is far better quality than Kelly's.
A lot of beekeepers starting out as well as hobbyist doesn't have $200.00 to spend.
Shipping and quality makes a big difference to me.
Smokey Mountain Bee Farm has free shipping once in awhile east of the Mississippi River.
I live on the west bank sooooooooooooo I buy a lot of supplies for queen rearing and wooden frames from mannlakeltd.
Richard Vardaman (capt44)

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 03:42:47 pm »
   After keeping bees for a while and working for a few big beekeeping Farms. (East of the Mississippi Creek)I have seen problems in every major company who sell beekeeping supplies.So far everytime I brought It to the supplier attention I did get compensated.
IMHO...
A.I.Root had the best quality control of all and I also realize 5% of the beekeepers own 95% of all the bee hives in the USA

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/