Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello From Central Texas  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Pirtykitty55

• New Bee
Hello From Central Texas
« on: June 21, 2011, 11:30:43 pm »
Hello just joined the group.. Have been wanting to maybe get bee's in the future. We live in town in Waco. I would like the Top Bar Hive. But haven't found out if it's aloud or not..
When I was groing a neighbor had bees's next door. But then His yard was Huge. He kept them in the back against a fence..
He had two or three hives.

We moved 3 blocks up the street and the man down the street had bee's also. he had maybe 10 hives.. I loved going and helping him with the honey. He also had about 50 chickens.  I'd collect the eggs for them during the summer..  this was all about 40 years ago..
I remember only getting stung once when we lived at the first house and that is because I was walking home from their house across the yard to our house and must of crossed the path of a bee coming or going from hive and it got caught in my hair..
we have several different types of bees coming to Visit our Sunflowers in the back yard this year. Wonder if someone in the area has bee's

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello From Central Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 09:06:29 pm »

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 10:45:14 pm »
Welcome!

Glad you're here!

Larry

Offline Pirtykitty55

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 11:48:49 pm »
Thank you !!!!

Offline Francus

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2011, 10:04:07 am »
Welcome! I studied up on bees for several years before taking the plunge this year. I must say I am enjoying the hobby immensly. There are a lot of good people here with a wealth of knowledge.
"...but Sweetie, it's basically just an Ant Farm for adults...."

Offline L Daxon

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 11:46:04 am »
Pritykitty55,

Welcome to Beemaster.  Hope you learn as much here as I have.  You might want to put your location in your profile.  Frequently advice given is location specific.

Linda D.
linda d