Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Deltona Newbie  (Read 1459 times)

Offline dean0

• House Bee
    • My photovoltaic Website
Deltona Newbie
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:57:17 pm »
Hey everyone.  I am 51 and live in Deltona, Fl. which is about halfway between Orlando and Daytona Beach. I started thinking about beekeeping as a hobby about a month ago and I have been doing my research ever since.  My research lead me to a commercial honey processor in Edgewater who told me about someone less than 10 miles from my home that would be a good resource. I contacted that person this morning via this forum and was told I could come by this morning.  The person I was able to meet this morning was "Hardwood" from Alysian Apiaries.  While there I was able to meet another newbie, "rderr" and his wife for Samsula.  Hopefully with "Hardwood's" expertise, patience and guidance and the advice from this forum, my new hobby will be a success.  I look forward to sharing my experiences in the future.

Dean

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Deltona Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 11:10:59 pm »
Welcome deanO! It was a fun morning huh? It was great to meet ya'll today and it'll be fun for me to help get you started!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything