Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 50 Mile Trap out  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
50 Mile Trap out
« on: May 23, 2011, 03:35:08 pm »
If anyone is near the Greenville, MS area let me know.

I had a lady call me at lunch needing someone to remove bees from a knot in her tree she said the knot is chest high and they just noticed them this weekend. Said she noticed them because she heard them later that afternoon they all came out of the knot and flew around her yard the back yard was black.
She checked and they are still there today.
What would yall charge for a trapout 50 miles away that's one direction so 100 round trip, and how long would it take and how many trips do you think it would take.

Now I don't think I will be doing it because she said she called a exterminator and he said 100 and up, but now she doesn't want to kill them. Then she admitted she didn't want to spend a couple hundred on this.

With that said what would you charge?

Oh I always ask how they find me she didn't know the site but said she searched google for (bee extractors) I would have never thought of the key word extractors.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: 50 Mile Trap out
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:02:11 pm »
Tell her they are an asset she should keep. They help her garden and flowers produce better.

Also explain they have been there all winter and haven't bothered anyone. They are no danger to her or her family. What she saw was a swarm being cast off from the main hive. The main is still there and has been since last year. Then she doesn't have to spend anything.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Haddon

• House Bee
  • FEMA Trailer Removal
    • Mikes Bee Removal
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 05:22:37 pm »
I didn't think of that one I was thinking they might have been swarming in and she just saw the first orientation flight but do they even have orientation flights if its a place they swarm too. I know if you take them home they do but that because they have no clue where the are at. I think it will be a hard sell in the third sentence she announced she was terrified of bees.

I would bet its hitting a can of Raid that or a rag stuffed in the hole but I will try and sell the leave them along speech.

Still anyone want to take a guess on how they would price it how many trips all that.

And if anyone know of someone interested in the Washington county area of Mississippi I would be glad for you to take it.

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:31 pm »
6 weeks that's 42 days a trip every couple of days so that's 21 trips i'd say it's a lot more then she is willing to pay.  Ask her if she would allow you to cut it down and take it away cause that's the only cheap way for both of you.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »
Thousand dollar trap out there.