Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Stings?? Honey Bee vs Yellow Jacket  (Read 24588 times)

Offline Santa Caras

• House Bee
Re: Stings?? Honey Bee vs Yellow Jacket
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2013, 04:30:51 pm »
yeap....little browner than that...almost tan w/org tips. I'd never seen one before either and when it first got me I didnt think anything since stings dont bother much after a few minutes but when the pain escalated, I went back, took pics and started researching online. i could do nothing but change out ice paks and rock myself with pain. My wife was really worried and wanted me to go the hospital but I showed her where they said theres nothing much to be done except bear the pain. Arm was sore for days afterwards. I mentioned it to a friend and his eyes got big and he showed me his scar on his leg that he's had for 5 years from when he got stung. nasty boogers. I now look upon bees with almost fond affection for their "love-taps" !  :-D

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2013, 08:25:07 pm »
I vote yellow jacket worse and she don't give up :shock:
John 3:16

Offline OldMech

• Queen Bee
    • The Outyard
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 11:10:25 pm »
The occasional bee sting really doesnt bother me..   Got stung by a hornet today.. Mowing with the bush hog, saw it land on my leg.. flicked it off, it went out, and curved right back in and hit my right cheek right under my eye. It stung as I grabbed and smashed...  only go me once before it paid the ultimate price, but yeah, it hurt worse than a honey bee sting... 
   Have been stung by angry honey bees... counted thirty plus stingers, so am quite sure there were at least ten more stings... Felt quite fine for several hours.... about 3 AM I started sweating... by 3:30 I was throwing up.. by 4:00 I was asleep on the floor by the toilet.. woke up the next morning feeling fair.. sore back from the hard floor....   Lets just say when you go to collect a swarm hanging under a large branch.... make sure the bees you see are not covering a HOLE in said branch... we will leave it at that......
39 Hives and growing.  Havent found the end of the comfort zone yet.

Offline rober

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 07:16:41 pm »
did it look like one of these
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/in014

Offline RHBee

• Queen Bee
  • That's my pooch.
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 11:01:22 pm »
I've been stung by just about every kinda bee in NA. I find the honeybee to be the least painful but the most itchy.  Bumbles hurt wasp like.
Choice between stung by honeybee or yellow jacket. I'd take honeybee every time. They just itch so bad.
Later,
Ray