Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Things that make you say ......hummmmm  (Read 2373 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Things that make you say ......hummmmm
« on: August 03, 2007, 02:39:07 pm »
I was just looking thru the Brushy Mountain catalog and found this statement in the mite and beetle control section.

We do not sell any form of Formic Acid because we are afraid of what it might do to you and/or your bees.

Ironically on the same page they sell Apistan and Check Mite. :roll:

Sometimes it is best to say nothing........
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
Re: Things that make you say ......hummmmm
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 08:31:56 pm »
Even the warnings about thymol are pretty scary. Ironically, thymol is one of the 599 additives in cigarettes, admitted by some of the tobacco companies. Do a search for 599 ingredients cigarettes.

Makes one think twice about smoking.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Things that make you say ......hummmmm
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 02:05:11 pm »
Robo, go figure.  What about what comouphous does to the wax?  Have this wonderful day, I see what you are saying.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service