Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: color of hives  (Read 15202 times)

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
Re: color of hives
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2007, 04:54:37 am »
I get the free paint from my hazardous materials depo....most of it is from people who either order too much or order the wrong color. I got a real good beige Kelly Moore...heck of a deal...a free full gallon.
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 10:51:19 am »
Sandy, I honestly don't know if I would paint anything that is on the inside of the hives.  Your husband may be right about the gasses released from the wood, but I think that paint inside the hive might be worse.  I don't know for sure if paint inside does harm though.  I just know that I will not/do not paint inside the hive.  Have a beautiful day, great life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline sandhya

• New Bee
  • March 2007 Rakkasah Festival
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2007, 01:44:45 pm »
thats what I told him but he says latex paint dries and does not give off any fumes, even when it burns. and since the bee's do not necessarily touch the top of the telescoping cover...well, I guess I will see...if the bee's take off I can blame him right?
Be Well,
Sandy "Sandhya"
I believe if we give of ourselves, we will live forever.

Offline LET-CA

• House Bee
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2007, 12:26:35 am »
I've got this one that is going to be visible from the next county. . .  :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2007, 10:27:09 am »
LET-CA, now ain't that a thing of beauty!!!!  What a lovely shade of orange, any specific reason that shade?  Orange is beautiful.  Have a beautiful day, great life, good health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline ZuniBee

• House Bee
    • ZuniBeeFarms.com
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2007, 05:49:43 pm »
Three of mine are painted white and one I did not paint at all. I do believe that I am not going to paint any more. The hive that is not painted is looking much better than the painted ones.

Offline LET-CA

• House Bee
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2007, 06:44:15 pm »
LET-CA, now ain't that a thing of beauty!!!!  What a lovely shade of orange, any specific reason that shade?  Orange is beautiful.  Have a beautiful day, great life, good health.  Cindi

I found a gallon of "Tiggerific" at Home Depot in the Oops stack for $4.  It's a Disney color.  Nice semi-gloss exterior grade at $4.  I couldn't pass it up!

Offline shakerbeeman

• House Bee
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2007, 07:33:15 pm »
Just starting out. No paint for me. I like the natural look and think the bees do also.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2007, 08:01:49 pm »

Are you sure its not Kubota orange?

http://www.kubota.com/f/products/bx.cfm
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 02:42:03 am »
Needs black stripes.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 03:04:29 pm »
I use bull frog green, white, battle ship gray, desert sand, no dark and sometime none.
doak

anything