Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: JP And Schawee Go Alligator Hunting-Part Two  (Read 6336 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
JP And Schawee Go Alligator Hunting-Part Two
« on: September 15, 2010, 01:54:54 am »
Here's part two folks. We had a great hunt. It was a great day and I owe Schawee a big thank you for taking me alligator hunting, even though he almost sank us in alligator infested swamp.  :-D

I have a lot of footage so there will likely be a part three.

Y'all have a good one!

...JP

JP And Schawee Go Alligator Hunting-Part Two
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
Re: JP And Schawee Go Alligator Hunting-Part Two
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 02:35:55 am »
I hope we get to see how you season em up. Wondering how the tag system works. Florida used to issue tags by drawing, don't know how they issue the permits now.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 11:04:44 am »
That was pretty cool. I would love to get in on some of that action sometime.

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 11:16:50 am »
Two thumbs up :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:50:38 am »
JP, I bet your heart was thumping pretty fast when Schawee was in the water - that was only about a 10sq ft area at best. I know you'd shoot the crap out of it IF thinks got out of hand, but I'd bet a paycheck you wasn't getting outta that boat - I sure the fudge wasn't.

I think if you both went in, someone would discover your camera in a few years and put together the Swamp Witch Project - you'd make the big screen.

Awesome series!!!

And Schawee, I read the post about getting gator meat and your favorite recipe at Bud3 - sweet man sweet!!!

Awesome series - and Schawee, I read the post about getting gator meat and your favorite recipe at Bud3 - sweet man sweet!!!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 01:46:49 pm »
Thanks for the videos!!!  Fascinating, this wimpy northern boy always wondered how its done.  I was surprised how well one shot from a .22 put those armored beasts down, I expected them to fight longer.

My boys will be fascinated as well...their comment from the last video was something along the lines of "I wish we could go alligator hunting".  If it has scales and is dangerous, they're all about it!  Although they wouldn't have bothered with a cowardly gun...  :)
Rick

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 03:26:06 pm »
Great video.  I just have one thought.   You're going to need a bigger boat.   And you would never catch me out of the boat in the water with that gator.
But is does look like fun.  I would try it. 

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 03:35:37 pm »
That sho makes for a good time! We can't get more than 2 tags here :(

I bet you could use that motor to whip up some margaritas in a 5gal bucket too!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 03:57:45 pm »
Margaritas and gator hunting.   Now there's a video. :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 08:13:02 pm »
Thanks for the videos!!!  Fascinating, this wimpy northern boy always wondered how its done.  I was surprised how well one shot from a .22 put those armored beasts down, I expected them to fight longer.

My boys will be fascinated as well...their comment from the last video was something along the lines of "I wish we could go alligator hunting".  If it has scales and is dangerous, they're all about it!  Although they wouldn't have bothered with a cowardly gun...  :)

One shot puts 'em down, at least on our hunt, as humane as can be expected. A very quick kill.

When we came across the big one, I wasn't lookin' for a tree shaka, I was lookin' for a tree!  :-D

It was real exciting folks.

That Schawee just jumps right on in the water with them.  :shock:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 09:08:44 pm »
Great video JP, thanks for the share.

It is hard for me to imagine them swamps going on and on that far.

That sure looks like great fun. Do you sell part of your catch?

You two sure that boat wasn't sinking because of all those vanilla shakes :evil: :lol: :lol:

shawee what are you packing for a side arm?
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 10:24:47 pm »
OK, now ya'll got me in trouble:

Scott: Dang! I shoulda never left Louisiana.
Peggy: Then you would have never met me!
Scott: Your point being???

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 10:25:48 pm »
How to start a fight.

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 12:35:32 am »
well i really had fun taking jp hunting with me,even though he wouldn't get in the water.he left with enough meat to last him and bailey a long time (2 MONTHS) :-Dim at home being in the swamp,every thing that you need is there.i been gator hunting sence the early eightys.i been bitten 1 time by a 2ft gator and charged by a 500lb 10'6" gator that i had to use my side arm on.not bad for all them years gator hunting.BEEHAPPY for every 200acres of wetland younget 1 tag.i have 49 tags.maybe i can get jp over and do some gator cooking.SCADSOBEES i use a 22 all the time ,you just have to hit the sweet spot ,but i do carry a bigger backup gun :-D ALLEN,man that boat is the best for gator hunting,you just have to get in the water to put the big ones in :-D SCOTT,need a 55 gal drum of margatitas mix with the 16hp.need my 9hp for the 5gal bucket.G3we were in the middle of 90000 acres of swamp.i give alot of meat away ,but i mount all the gators and sell them,way more money than selling the hides.a 4ft gator is worth $8,i can get 5 to 600 dollors for it mounted.8ft and up i get $425 a ft on a lifesize mount.my sidearm is a 357mag,a very good backup gun :-D i hope to get more hunts on video.today i caught a 5 1/2 ft gator by getting him to come to me with the baited hook.got it all on video.will try to get it up tonight.   ...schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 01:01:24 am »
Yiks, think I'll stick to beekeeping. But it looks like you really had a great time.

I kept thinking now what will JP do when Schawee gets eaten by that gater in the water. I Kept praying for the motor to keep on going.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 02:03:04 am »
Hey folks Schawee gave me his world secret alligator sauce picante recipe tonight. I'm gonna make up a big batch real soon, can't wait!

Had some fried last night. It was real good.

As y'all could see, I didn't have to get outta the boat to get in the water.  :-D

...JP

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 03:40:51 am »
Thanks for the info shawee, I had a buddy who had to call the local gator getter for a 12 foot nuisance gator (somewhere around 800 pounds), he lives on econfina creek, and that monster went for his dog - he called the dog away from his boatlaunch (good dog - I'da lost mine) the dog wanted to finish his drink, and the gator sat in the middle of the creek drooling, waiting for that dog to get just one more sip.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 05:19:19 pm »
jp recon you coulda walked on that water if bruce hada nudged you out
to bee or not to bee

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 05:35:00 pm »
I mighta gone in the water, if I didn't have to film.  :-D

...JP