Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I need a drawn comb photo  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
I need a drawn comb photo
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:23:01 pm »
I need some help with a photo for a new label background. I am looking for a photo that is big enough that I can print it on a 8 1/2 x 11 page and the cells will be near normal size. I want new drawn comb so it will be nice and yellow. I will just take a photo of foundation if I can not find one. I have lots of photo of burr comb but they are not big enough and being winter here I cant go out to a hive and get a photo. So if you have one please let me know. Thanks
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: I need a drawn comb photo
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 10:40:59 pm »
http://www.bushfarms.com/images/FoundationlessDrawn.JPG

Sorry Sean, off topic here, but I must.

Michael, what was that comb all about, it was so beautiful, so pretty and looked so different than anything that I have ever seen. I wonder if my computer was playing tricks on my eyesight. It looked to me like there was all kinds of space inbetween each cell.  Please elaborate on what that picture was all about.  Have that great and most wonderful life, day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Nate

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 07:06:20 am »
That must be the light playing a trick on you.  It's reflecting and shiny in between the dimples of the cappings.  Look at the uncapped cells at the bottom of the frame.

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:51:39 am »
Thanks MB for that photo. I was hoping for empty cells like maybe a new frame built up some but not full of honey or brood.
Semper Fi

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 09:58:09 am »
Greg,
I do not have any newer drawn comb at the house. I would have some down at the farm if you want to drive down sometime. I'm sure we can find something.

I did snap these this morning. The first one is blurry, but is a nice effect for a background. My camera stinks, so maybe your can do better.

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x236/BjornBee/?action=view&current=beepictures231.jpg
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x236/BjornBee/?action=view&current=beepictures235.jpg
http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x236/BjornBee/?action=view&current=beepictures234.jpg
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 08:57:17 pm »
>Michael, what was that comb all about, it was so beautiful, so pretty and looked so different than anything that I have ever seen.

It's just capped natural comb.  The rows wander up and down a lot and the corners are missing...

> I wonder if my computer was playing tricks on my eyesight.

Probably.

> It looked to me like there was all kinds of space inbetween each cell.

No.  Just white cappings in places and watery ones in other places.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline EasternShore

• House Bee
  • Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!
    • OMG Apiary
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2008, 07:25:13 am »
Great picture Mr Bush!!!!!
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.

Offline Nelly

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 12:17:36 am »
Hey Greg,
I have some drawn frames in my freezer.  They are newly drawn and uncapped, but they are only the size of a honey super, not a full hive body.  Not sure if it would translate to the 8 1/2 x 11 life size you are looking for.  If you think this will work for you, I'll post it.  Got to take the picture first.  I guess you want a photo of the whole frame?

Nelly

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2008, 02:07:57 pm »
Thanks Nelly and everyone how helped out with this. When Bjorn said about going out to the farm and taking some photos I realized it would be just as easy to open a super I had in storage. I went though a few and found a decent one. I had to put two halves together to make it big enough but it worked. Here are the photos.

Click to enlarge!

Semper Fi

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2008, 02:17:38 pm »
Greg, very great looking label you got there, yeah!!!  Have a wonderful and awesome life, day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline MrILoveTheAnts

• Field Bee
    • Biodiverse Gardens
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2008, 03:27:01 pm »
I think the background is just a little bit to busy. Could you add a white haze around the text? maybe just the word Honey.