Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Irwin's New Computer - Congrats!!  (Read 11462 times)

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
Re: Irwin's New Computer - Congrats!!
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 10:09:57 am »
I was in Costco the other day and they had a HP notebook for $349.00 Not sure of the specs on it, but I played around with it for about 1/2hour and almost tried to convince myself to get it.  I might still get it because I take minutes for a non profit agency that meets a few times a month and I am always shlepping that heavy laptop. That's what I want it for, also surfing when I go traveling.
Annette I looked at the HP  And I like The samsung N120 better but they got an N140 out now Ask Beemaster about it I think he has it now.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 02:31:05 pm »
I think I will purchase it so they don't run out, then go over it with Beemaster.  I can always return it, but things sell out fast at Costco. 

I am pretty simple when it comes to computers and really only want it for surfing the web while traveling and doing some word processing.  Althought it would be great to be able to watch DVD's on the plane. I know you have to purchase an external something or other for the DVD's

Thanks Irwin
annette

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 06:44:25 pm »
Annette the keyboard on the samsung is the best that I have seen. But get what you like.

bigbearomaha

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 07:10:11 pm »
Good going irwin.  I am writing an article on netbooks and private clouds  (Linux related of course) in an upcoming article on the blog.

lot's of folks see them as a toy, but where I am coming from, they will be the business tools of the future.

You are ahead of the game.

Big Bear

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 09:25:54 am »
Been looking at them for some time. And then the Beemaster got a samsung N120 his review got me going in to over drive to get one. I spent a few day's more looking at different netbook's and went with the samsung N120 the keyboard is almost full size and the clarity of the screen is top notch and the speed is real good. I love this little bugger.