Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Lafayette, OR.  (Read 2232 times)

Offline RyanB

• House Bee
Hello from Lafayette, OR.
« on: March 31, 2009, 03:21:51 pm »
Hi all. I suppose I should write a simple hello!

I've been considering bee keeping for years. I have finally decided to really jump in and have been having a great time building my hives. I personally have _never_ seen a swarm in person. So, rather then take my chances tryign to find one I purchased package bees.  We should be getting this 2nd week of April. Most people think I am crazy.  But, we have a garden and alot of Dwarf Fruit tree's along with Cane Berries. so,  I originally started with the ida of just having bee's to polinate.  As I read more I got more and more intrigued about the whole process and collecting honey. 

I am using the hTBH as described in the Barefoot Beekeepers Book.
Currently Fermenting:

Cherry Melomel - 1Gal
Pear Melomel - 1Gal
White Pyment - 1Gal
Root Beer Mead - 1Gal
Mead Cyser - 5Gal

Recently Finished:
Sack Mead - 1Gal, Very Good!
Braggot - 1Gal, Very popular!
Mead Cyser - 1Gal, Wifes Fav!
JAO - 1Gal, Nice, A bit too sweet.

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Lafayette, OR.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 04:29:52 pm »
welcome glad to see you take the plunge.  I am starting out this year also with my first package due in 22 days
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 04:51:08 pm »
welcome.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 08:04:04 pm »
Ryan, welcome to our forum.  You have no idea the wonderful experiences you are going to have keeping bees.  THis will be a place where you can learn, lean on us for advice, ask all questions you require, they are all important. This will also be a place where you can make new friends, tell those stories, tales and experiences, and basically hang out.  Have a most wonderful and awesome day, life, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 12:07:27 pm »
Hello and Welcome Ryan
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny 

Offline jdpro5010

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 02:19:19 pm »
Welcome to your newest addiction!

anything