Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hey You, Yeah, You With The Chickens!  (Read 12803 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Hey You, Yeah, You With The Chickens!
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:06:23 pm »
So what's the latest final verdict on eggs that float? I need the 100% run down. Some say ditch them some say they MAY be OK but what is the fact of the matter?

I pitched about fifteen today cause they floated, wanted to be sure.

Boiled a dozen other ones, rest are in the fridge.

On a side note, my new black sex link (Betty) lays the largest eggs I've ever seen to come out of a chicken's butt! They are twice as big as the other eggs my others lay.

Got to be at least double yokers, only got two so far but will let you know if so when we crack 'em.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Hey You, Yeah, You With The Chickens!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 07:05:16 pm »
If it floats, it's rotten....

Break one that floats when you are ready for company to say goodnight and go home.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:32:58 pm »
Iddee, I had a few floaters that I shook that felt weird, like the innards were solid when you shook the egg. I made sure to pitch those.

One I cracked open was in fact rotten, but another floater seemed normal and had no stink to it.

I tell you there ain't no stank that quite compares to a rotten egg, no!  :shock:

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 08:10:07 pm »
There are different layers of floating. If one slowly drifts to the top and barely breaks the surface, it may still be edible, even tho it is beginning to decay. If it never goes under and half the egg is above the surface, it is totally gone.

PS. Halloween is not far off. Save the ones that float for your unfriendly neighbor's houses.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:29:08 am »
You a bad man Iddee, bet you used to be a bad boy.  ;)

...JP

Offline REDBEE

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 07:22:23 pm »
Save the bad one for Big Daddy's breakfast when he comes down :evil:

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:34:36 pm »
Save the bad one for Big Daddy's breakfast when he comes down :evil:

You got to be kidding! That man takes me fishin' for Sacalait! I want Bud happy! he gets the red carpet treatment and probably the big eggs.

...JP  ;)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 09:40:38 pm »
Now why would you think I was a bad boy?

BTW, did you ever kill a skunk, cut out the scent glands, and put them on somebody's muffler? It don't smell much until the muffler gets hot.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 11:38:38 pm »
I never really did things like that Iddee, but there was the old ornery woman we called "the old hag". She was meaner than the meanest junkyard dog.

We were kids, our only saving grace. If older we certainly would have gone to jail with all the things we did like blowing up her mail box (a few times) with silver kings (1/4 stick of dynamite) and of course we couldn't resist completely covering the front of her house with fresh clay bombs from a nice big pile of river sand they had delivered in front of her house.

We were once playing football in the street and the ball went up under her carport and struck her door. She opened up the door as quick as lightning and snatched the ball up.

Three days later it appeared at curb side deflated with about twenty or so knife punctures. (best we could tell).

Can't recall if that was before we blew up her mail box or afterwards.  :evil:

...JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 11:46:53 pm »
Remind me not to hang out with ya'll...took me a long time to earn this halo :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 01:13:16 am »
Oh Scott, I can tell you're no angel now! I'm sure Peggy got many a stories to tell about you!  :-D

...JP

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 10:34:20 am »
Remind me not to hang out with ya'll...took me a long time to earn this halo :-D

Scott
I know what you mean Scott if you hang out with Jp and Iddee too long you will get a bad name like Schawee  :evil: :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 11:21:57 am »
JP, I had an Amish guy tell me I needed to loosen up once!

Irwin, you know the only reason Schawee has a bad rap is because he hasn't ponied up a video yet.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 05:51:30 pm »
OK, then Scott, what you want us to call ya, Saint Scott? I'd like to ask Peggy if you're really deserving of such a title.  ;)

..JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 08:52:14 pm »
You'll just have to wait 'til Bud's next year JP...maybe I can clean up my act by then? :-D

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 09:12:15 pm »
You'll just have to wait 'til Bud's next year JP...maybe I can clean up my act by then? :-D

Scott

Yeah, I wasn't buying it, not even for a second! Amish guy tellin' you to lighten up, now that's a good one alright!  :-D

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 11:48:23 am »
Brats!!!  Look at all of ya, nary a girl has made a post on this, boys....snakes and snails and puppy dogs' tails, that's what little boys are made of  :-P  :-P  :-P.  Now, us of the opposite gender, do you hear of us telling each other of the little nasties we used to do to poor lil' ol' ladies, JP, biggest brat of them all, smiling that big smile.  And halos, hmmmm....whatever!!  So, what was the original question anyways?  Seems it had something to do with bad eggs, I would suggest that each of you take one and, well, just plain and simply eat it!!! Have that most wonderful, and awesomely great day, with beautiful health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 12:03:43 pm »
Now Cindi, you ever hear the saying "you wanna get to heaven, you got to raise a lil hell!"

We all gone to heaven.  :-D 

...JP

OZARK MTN DAREDEVILS-"IF YOU WANNA GET TO HEAVEN"

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 12:29:21 pm »
Ok....guess I'm gonna have to prove my halo to you! Hmmm...might be a video in there somewhere.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 12:31:47 pm »
JP, how did you know that OMD is one of  my alltime favourite groups, smiling.  Yep, we all gonna go to heaven, even though we've raised a little hell, Scott, I can surely doubt that  :-P -- beautiful days, love and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service