Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from MA  (Read 2678 times)

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
Hi from MA
« on: July 22, 2008, 12:50:50 am »
New member from MA. Greetings all!

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Hi from MA
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:07:18 pm »
Hi and welcome to the forume!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 03:46:08 pm »
contactme11.  Welcome to our forum, this will be a place where you will love to spend time.  Tell us a little more of yourself, we all love to listen.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 12:45:26 am »
contactme11.  Welcome to our forum, this will be a place where you will love to spend time.  Tell us a little more of yourself, we all love to listen.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
Ok. Let's see. My grandfather raised bees off and on for about 30 years, my dad did it for around 10 years and gave up due to a couple of bad years. That was about 15 years ago. Last year I got engaged to a beautiful girl with no agricultural background (we live in a big city) who told me she had always wanted to have honey bees. Needless to say I now have 1 full hive and a nuc going.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 10:38:48 am »
contactme11.  Thank you for the intro, that was nice that beekeeping has been in your family, and now you.....beautiful and most wonderful day, love this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 11:43:43 am »
I think it's actually a good thing I'm back into it because all the old time bee keepers in this area have been either retiring or dieing in the last couple of years and recently people have been asking me how long it will be before I'll be ready to start renting hives to their orchards again  :roll:

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 03:27:42 pm »
 Yayyy for you, Contact!!
So few words but you got so much story told!
 Welcome to the forums!
 Do you live in the big city, or just inside of a city?
I've been wondering,...Do people in the big city, Like Manhattan or the likes, keep bees? and, if they do, do they keep them on the roofs like people keep pigeons? I would think that, in the big cities, there wouldnt be much forage, huh..?

your friend,
john

Offline contactme_11

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 12:31:39 am »
I live in a pretty big city (about 200,000, close to 300,000 if you count the neighboring suburbs). People do raise bees in urban areas. If they have even small yards they put them there. I've known people that put them on flat roofs, and apartment porches. My dad knew a guy in the '80s that had a full hive on a stand in his apartment window and had just blocked off the surrounding openings.

anything