Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Copperhead Road!  (Read 3143 times)

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
Greetings from Copperhead Road!
« on: December 02, 2009, 12:16:21 pm »
Greetings to everyone! I'm coming to you today live from the Copperhead Road Compound (CRC) somewhere North of the Perimeter around lovely Atlanta, GA. I'm a relative newcomer to the site, as well as to beekeeping (having started with two hives in 1999).
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Greetings from Copperhead Road!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 10:35:00 pm »
John, welcome to our forum, that is great that you have found us, now you can join us.  Bet you may have many a tale that you can tell -- this is a place where you can share those stories, tales, experiences, and also make some new friends. Stick around, we love new members, we love to listen, and help, with answers to questions of any that may wish to ask.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, health. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Yappy

• House Bee
  • "Your darnest Questions, get the best Advice"
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 10:55:25 pm »
 Welcome John

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 12:53:10 am »
Thank you all for the warm welcome.
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2009, 02:20:50 am »
Hi John

You have been keeping bees for a while now. Have you been successful???

I live in Northern California and have gone through 4 seasons now with the bees. I have learned so so much from being on this forum.
Good luck and welcome.
Annette

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 10:30:09 am »
Annette, this is strictly a hobby for me. I don't sell anything. Everyone is happy to get honey for Christmas I think :-D

So, yes, I've been successful. The bees seem to do ok in spite of what I might do.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 12:24:08 pm »
Annette, this is strictly a hobby for me. I don't sell anything. Everyone is happy to get honey for Christmas I think :-D

So, yes, I've been successful. The bees seem to do ok in spite of what I might do.

I'f you are keeping the bees alive, then you are successful.  That is what I have them for also. A hobby, but of course over the years, it has taken on a life of its own. In learning how important they are to our survival and such, I feel almost a duty to keep them going now.

But it has to be fun, enjoyable for me to continue. So far, so good.  I have taken up a new project this year that is keeping me excited. I am teaching beekeeping to the 4H club of Placerville. 11 kids ages 10-17.  We have ordered the equipment and will start 2 beehives together.

I have another post going on here about the bees in the dresser. If they survive, they will be one of the hives for the club.

Take Care
Annette

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 09:24:58 pm »
Hello and Welcome John

There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny