Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: i got a great bee keepers wife!  (Read 4863 times)

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
i got a great bee keepers wife!
« on: April 16, 2010, 09:43:10 pm »
just had to brag a little on my wife as she surprised me today!
i was at work and unable to do anything about a swarm call that had woke her her early in the morning.
she negotiated the fee and then texted me a message that she was going to go retrieve a swarm! :shock:

she likes bees alot but i never would have expected her to go out on a call like that.

i give her a quick call and tell her to take the bee vac with her cause the swarm was on the ground and the woman wanted it removed now!! due to a party she was throwing later this evening.

my wife texted me later to tell me that the swarm was removed and that she had gotten her quoted fee.
she then told me what that fee was!  $125.00

the trip was 70 miles round trip.  what a girl!  she even split the fee with me!  shes great.

Bailey
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: i got a great bee keepers wife!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 10:02:49 pm »
I got a great wife too.  Now she don't do bees, but she sells the honey for me, and she cleans kitchen when I make syrup, Ans best of all, she bought me this Klondike Bar that I am eating right now.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 10:06:46 pm »
And will probably clean this chocolate I dropped off my shirt also.   Gotta love her.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:12:08 pm »
Sounds like a keeper to me!!

You need to let her answer the phone more often, she is making money now.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 10:14:09 pm »
Well since we are on the wife braggin string.. mine got me started with my Bee keeping equipment this last Christmas bought my first hive and set of frames/foundation.  Then I went whole hog and got my other gear.. by the time spring came round she wanted her own suit.  Now we are just waiting for our bees!     :yippiechick: :piano: :yippiechick:
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »
I still think I've got the best one. She even lets me "SAY" I'm the boss of the house.
 :shock:   :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:49:52 pm »
my wife don't like the bees, but help to  sell the honey and keep all the money from it.she also pays for my bee operation.what a girl.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:19:13 pm »
Mine's been on three cut outs with me this week and will be with me on the one tomorrow...Ya'll think she's trying to take over the business?

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline David LaFerney

• Field Bee
    • The Door Garden
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2010, 08:48:19 pm »
Mine just takes pictures when it comes to bees, but she's really cute.

And she puts up with all my crap.  What more could a man want.
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Samuel Clemens

Putting the "ape" in apiary since 2009.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2010, 09:27:29 pm »
Bailey, that is just awesome! Next time the phone rings just hand it right over to her.  ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 09:48:44 pm »
What a gal !!!  8-) Now you can use her swarm hive as a tool to keep her working the hives with you. It is nice when it can be a family event.

Offline gardeningfireman

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »
Boy you guys are lucky! My wife doesn't like the bees, and she hates the money I spend on them!

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2010, 10:07:10 am »
Careful there, Bailey!  Sounds great at first, but if you ever need some time alone or just want to just sit in the beeyard with the guys...

:-P
Rick

Offline Tucker1

• House Bee
  • "The Morning Breaks, The Shadows Flee.....
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2010, 12:08:56 pm »
Will Mrs. Bailey give lessons on swarm gathering to other wives? Most girls are a little hesitant to get involved. You have one heck of a wife. 

Regards,
Tucker1
He who would gather honey must bear the sting of the bees.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 12:13:11 pm »
Bailey, I keep reading the thread title and just have to ask....

Who is the great beekeeper and how did you get her from him???

:evil:   :evil:   :-D   :-D
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 12:37:15 pm »
Bailey, I keep reading the thread title and just have to ask....

Who is the great beekeeper and how did you get her from him???

:evil:   :evil:   :-D   :-D

:shock: :shock:

Offline Rodni73

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 12:59:22 pm »
My wife! Well life would be so hard without her.  Bees or no bees!

Offline lenape13

• Field Bee
  • We survive together, or not at all!
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 02:44:44 pm »
My wife! Well life would be so hard without her.  Bees or no bees!

I think we all feel the same, but isn't it better with the bees?

Offline Tyro

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 07:17:11 pm »
Last summer, I had TWO new hives go queenless 3 days before I had to leave town for work.  They didn't have hardly any eggs in them and I was to be gone for a month.

I figured that I would just have to hope that they each raise queens or accept the losses.

MY wife (who is not interested in bees or beekeeping), insisted that I purchase two queens - even though I would not be in town to accept them.  After I had left town, she picked up the queens at the Post Office, went to the hives and installed both queens.

She did this one month after giving birth to our youngest son.  I definitely married the right woman.

Offline luvin honey

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 12:47:14 pm »
You guys have awesome wives!!

Can I brag on my husband? He really, really hates getting stung, but he will come out and watch the girls with me when I beg, listen to endless corny drone jokes at his gender's expense, helped me build the hives (or let me help, to be more accurate), doesn't worry about the costs and is becoming nearly as fascinated with bees as I am.

Best of all, he doesn't WANT to do the bee work, so I get that part all to myself :D And, he rarely eats the honey. Man, I love that guy!
The pedigree of honey
Does not concern the bee;
A clover, any time, to him
Is aristocracy.
---Emily Dickinson