Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Facebook security  (Read 12196 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Facebook security
« on: July 04, 2013, 07:50:13 am »
Here we go with more shadow information.
Be wary of your facebook account, they are spying on you and won't even notify you when they compromised your personal data:
http://www.zdnet.com/anger-mounts-after-facebooks-shadow-profiles-leak-in-bug-7000017167/

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Facebook security
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 10:24:37 am »
It is strange to live in a world where few people have a phone number listed in the phone book but they post their sexual preferences and exploits online and agree to let companies spy (see your Google user agreement) on them and track what their interests are...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline NY_bee_BrianE

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 01:02:37 pm »
I can't for the life of me understand what makes people want to be involved with that website. IMHO, it's the worst sort of "social" platform imaginable. To each his(her) own I guess, but if I feel like being told how many friends I can have, or have my personal details rummaged through, I'd first consider moving back with mum and dad! Of course Mr. Bush, maybe I'm a gullible and naive fool, but I really don't see Google as the all seeing eye that people make them out to be. Most of their "spying" has to do with tailored ads based on your search history and keywords found in your email. I seriously doubt a little man in thick glasses in front of a PC sits around all day rummaging through your emails, plotting how he will be able to blackmail you or worse get you in trouble with the law. But maybe I'm just slanted towards Google in the first place. I mean, humans have spied on each other since the dawn of time and will be until the day we're replaced by the next dominant species here. It all comes down to how much of your private life you trust to an invisible communication medium call the Internet.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:54:22 pm »
i'm working up a thing on this.  better than 1/2 my stuff gets written in my head when i sleep....which probably explains a lot...BUT, i woke up understanding that whole privacy things and our behavior is the fault of sci-fi!

everything that the sci-fi writers over the decades have imagined, has come to pass..with the exceptions of teleporting and time travel, and i think they'll get there.  all the stories of mind reading, having instant communications, face to face communications over electronic devices,  etc.  we can now do. 

because we were so conditioned to accept the tech, the inconveniences that go with it, we accept also.  we are not horribly excited that our government spies on us.  after all, we have been reading about it for many years.  it was the expected future. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 09:43:20 am »
>Most of their "spying" has to do with tailored ads based on your search history and keywords found in your email.

Spying is spying.  It's nobody's business except mine what I looked at on Amazon today, yet whatever it was shows up in the ads on this forum immediately after and someone is tracking it.  It's easy to say it's nothing important, but it's still everything.  I'm waiting for the day that someone gets that history pulled into court to show they had an interest in something to do with the trial.  It's only a matter of time.  Given enough computer history, filtered well enough, you can accuse almost anyone of almost anything and show they looked a news story and/or a youtube that was related etc. 
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline carlfaba10t

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2013, 09:35:00 pm »
Just one of the reasons i deleted my Facebook account a few month,s back.Plus i was getting tired of seeing all of the ignorant post about people trying to make themselves look good and, so forth.And i don't think it is a good idea to have children exposed to some of the adult posting,s and links. :-x   
Carl-I have done so much with so little for so long i can now do something with nothing!

anything