Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New guy on board  (Read 3171 times)

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
New guy on board
« on: April 19, 2009, 01:43:22 pm »
Hello all:

I'm from Northwest Wisconsin.  A couple years ago I was helping a friend get some stuff down from his parents garage attic and found our selfs in a conversation about all the stacks of old beehive supers and equipment in the attic.  By the end of the week we had two hives ready to go.  We cleaned up about ten supers of different depths and about a week after that we had package bees in them.  Two nut cases with no clue really, now we were keeping bees.

Two years later now, I am starting hives on my own.  These little girls are amazing little creatures.  I have read on and on about honeybees in books and online and can never seam to get enough information to quell my thirst for it.  Ive gone bee-nuts.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: New guy on board
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:16:26 pm »
Northwest Wisconsin would go nicely in your profile.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:12:55 pm »
Welcome aboard.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:01:19 pm »
Hello and Welcome Bee-nuts
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:12:43 pm »
Well you jumped right into it, glad its working out well for you.
Welcome to the forum. You will get alot of information and support here.
Lots of good folks here, post and get to know everyone.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 11:15:56 pm »
Bee-nuts, welcome to our forum, wonderful that you have found us.  This will be a place where you will love to spend time, a place where you can ask questions, learn, tell your stories, tales and experiences, and best of all, make some new and great friends.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have that wonderful, most awesome day, life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline vermmy35

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:29 pm »
welcome well that's one way of getting started :evil:
Semper Fi to all my brothers out there
http://gettingbacktocountryliving.blogspot.com/

Offline Matthew

• New Bee
    • www.avesstudio.com
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:24 pm »
Where in WI are you located? Just wondering if anyone is in my area?
When your at the end of your rope, just hang on and swing.

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 10:44:31 pm »
Hey Matthew,

Im in Chippewa County about 15 miles north of Chippewa Falls.  About 1 1/2 hour drive from Hudson.  Beeks everywhere around these parts.  I just dont know any of them.  I know mites have made many a beek throw in the towel over the years though. 

I Will Bee Purchasing a new digital camera or cam corder soon so I can share pics and all that.

Have a good one.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

anything