Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee suit veiling  (Read 3074 times)

Offline freddiecooke

• Brood
Bee suit veiling
« on: March 05, 2012, 11:51:07 am »
hello, does anyone know of a supplier of the UV safe black veiling used for bee suits.  I have of course ripped mine beyond repair - nearly new suit too - and I would like to repair it.  I need someone who can supply a small amount ie., about 1 to 2 metres.  Oh UK source please. 
Thanks, Freddie Cooke. Wolverhampton UK.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Bee suit veiling
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 01:55:53 am »

Howdy Fred,

You might try a fabric store.  I got a tore-up net tent at a second hand store, and the wife made me a easier to wear outfit.  When the bees aren't to agressive.  Sowed netting to old white sweat shirt, put on hat and there you go. Ha
Good luck, maybe you can find something.

Joe

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 03:14:01 am »
You could try wedding tulle from a fabric store if you’re in a pinch.  No it’s not the same stuff used in bees suits; it’s not as strong and it does break down after enough UV, but in a pinch it keeps the bees at bay.  You might try doing a search on ebay, somebody seems to be selling just about everything.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 12:53:25 pm »
How about a piece of nylon window screen.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline CapnChkn

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2012, 05:06:27 am »
I've been using window screen.  It's no good.  The mesh is so small you can't see through it, it's brittle and breaks easily where the screen crumple-folds.  Works, but just.

I bought a yard of black Tulle at the fabric store for $1.27USD.  I haven't used it yet, but it looks good for an experiment.
"Thinking is like sin, them that doesn't is scairt of it, and them that does gets to liking it so much they can't quit!"  -Josh Billings.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 01:08:38 am »

Hi Freedie,

Just wondering if you got some netting.  If not how big a piece in inches would you need.  I'll check the tent netting for size.

Joe

anything