Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: new to beekeeping  (Read 1587 times)

Offline pugbee

• New Bee
new to beekeeping
« on: February 14, 2014, 06:50:13 pm »
I am new to all of this, have my nucs ordered for this spring and am getting anxious to start.I have lots of questions but won't bother anybody just yet. Just wanted to say hello

Offline beeman2009

• House Bee
Re: new to beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:14:31 pm »
pugbee,

Ask away! questions are no bother at all. That's how we all learned this game. Welcome & enjoy.
All things may be lawful, but not all things are advantageous.

Beeman2009

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »
Welcome Pug, nice to have you here. Ask away! :brian:

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 12:39:00 am »
Welcome to the forum, Pug.  Ask away,  someone can probably answer it.  You may want to join a local bee club also.  Good luck

Joe

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 10:03:29 pm »
Welcome.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 10:13:11 pm »
Pug my friend!  People with wildly varying beekeeping philosophies LOVE to help new beekeepers here!  You will never learn any younger.  Ask away.  Just remember that beekeeping is all local.  I am keeping bees in a cold nearly desert dry area.  My methods are going to be very different that those who live in the dismal swamp where they shiver when it is below sixty. 

Many bee behaviors and culture are the same everywhere, but a lot of your best advice will come from people close to your zip code.  This keeping of the bees is great fun.  Welcome. 

anything