Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Rose City MI.  (Read 1716 times)

Offline gamebird

• Brood
Hello from Rose City MI.
« on: December 18, 2009, 02:19:41 pm »
Hello everyone,
  I have been a lurker on this site for several months and would like to thank all of you for many very interesting posts. I have been reading about keeping bees since I was a child. Being brought up in the city the oportunity never really presented itself. Now I have, for the most part, retired and own forty acres near Rose City MI. I purchased two new complete hives last spring and started with two packages of bees. We have had very nasty weather for my first season with the bees, late spring frosts, many cool rainy days, several early cold spells going into fall. I could not pull any honey this season but believe I am going into winter with two very strong hives loaded with stores.
Hope to increase my hives to four or five next season and enjoy my new hobby. My Best to all, Laurence

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from Rose City MI.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 12:19:42 am »
Laurence, welcome to our forum, great you found us, but come back, you have only made 1 post.  We love new members.  We love to listen to the tales, stories and experiences that are shared between us all.  You have done well for your bees to not take off any honey, leaving that for them to live on during the winter.  Stick around.  Have that most wonderful day, to love, live, share, with greatest of health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
Re: Hello from Rose City MI.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:27:54 am »
HI, there are a few of us Michiganders on the board, I'm over near Muskegon. Welcome!
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.