Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 3D GLASSES - question about your theaters  (Read 3862 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
3D GLASSES - question about your theaters
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:15:43 am »
I just saw a 3d movie yesterday, I remember many places, IMAX and other place LEND you glasses and you go thru the bin looking for the least scratched pair.

Yesterday for Resident Evil 3D, I got a brand new pair at the ticket boot auto added to my ticket price. It was about $2.75 for the glasses. But, I get to keep them (although they have bins to toss your glasses after the movie) but the problem is, they won't let you use them NEXT time. So, what happens, you get a whole collection home for when you get a 3DTV??

I thought it classy being the FIRST and only person to wear the glasses, but I wonder do theaters do that everywhere? My last 3d was at Baltimore Inner Harbor in 2001, so I'm wondering how it works everywhere. Thanks.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

bigbearomaha

Re: 3D GLASSES - question about your theaters
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 11:58:08 am »
you keep them for when you break down and buy the fancy 3d  televisions that are out now.

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 02:06:45 pm »
Sooo....the price of that movie was what...$75??? :roll:

It is amazing...the theaters  need to do something to keep from being put out of business by cheaper home theater systems, so they respond by raising prices and charging for everything??

Good grief...they just made you pay for recycling.
Rick

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:25:20 pm »
I think I paid 15 or 16 bucks to see the last 3D movie for adult price.  12 for the kid maybe.   Way to much.   I don't think they are worth it just for 3D.   
And they ask you to recycle the glasses.   The kid likes them until he losses them.   I like getting a new one better that one that some kid has chewed on or pick out what with it.   

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:40 pm »
Let's see the movie was $9.25 and glasses $2.75 - but Marquis Cinema gives military employees "senior discount price" which saves about $3. Still too much, but as losing Morse code was inevitable to HAM radio to keep people in the hobby, 3D is the saving grace for theaters, for now at least.

Comcast Cable now has a "SAME DAY AS THEATER RELEASE" on many movies. I think THIS is the fade of the future. Regular On-Demand movies $4.99 but the "same-day as theater" shows are three dollars more - a VERY good deal for the family, or even a single person. If you have a nice TV, stay home and party, not just eat $17 pop-corn.

I fell it won't be long before "home Theater" has a whole new meaning. Not saying movie theaters are going away, just saying that a whole new market is opening for film producers!
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »
our theater hands them out and collects them at the end.  they were pretty nice.  not the old paper ones that i remember.  i think the move was 1 dollar more than 2D.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.