Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Got my prize form Australia Day contest !!  (Read 5413 times)

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
Got my prize form Australia Day contest !!
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:19:11 pm »

First I tasted it  wow that is different . Tryed to figure out what it tasted like...nothing like it that I could think of.
Where the toast ? spread it thin I  heard someone say.  Had to put on me Confederate slouch hat to get up the nerve to
bit into it. Its a winner ......Thanks for the prize Lone and Geoff

Not bad Mates
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 05:43:03 am by Little John_NC »
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

Quote from chronicle of  Marcus Lucanus of the Roman civil war: Caesar said :
"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :
" Hail Caesar! We who are about to die salute you!

Offline robbo

• New Bee
Re: Got my prize form Australia Day contest !!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 03:30:53 am »
Good one - Grew up on the stuff here  :-D

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 07:46:36 am »
Congratulations to Little John who won the Aussie Day Quiz!

Basically you still have a few holes in your aussie knowledge, but we'll learn ya.  Looks like another happy little vegemiter has been born.

Did you know that the day before Australia Day was Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day?  I would have been oblivious to this landmark occasion except that my mother sent me a square of bubble wrap to mark the event, which arrived today. X:X

Lone

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 08:48:23 pm »

Lone said :
Basically you still have a few holes in your aussie knowledge, but we'll learn ya.

aahh mate me have many holes in me aussie knowledge. You said you would learn me.....so

What is a Bush tucker :?
billy tea :?

What is a chockas  :?

Start learning me ...........JM
Little John

"The flags of the Confederate States of America were very important and a matter of great pride to those citizens living in the Confederacy. They are also a matter of great pride for their descendants as part of their heritage and history."
Winston Churchill

"Here I abandoned peace and desecrated law; fortune it is you I follow. Farewell to treaties. From now on war is our judge!
Caesar men cheered :

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
Little John's Learnin' Strine
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:07:39 pm »
Bush is the forest, or rural/outback places, and tucker is food.  So bush tucker is food you get out of the bush, like native berries, native bananas, orchids, leaves, possums, and witchetty grubs.  It is traditional diet of aborigines.

Billy is a tin with a wire handle usually used to boil water and tea in over a fire.  It's always handy to have one with you because you can use it for all sorts of things, like catching bush tucker which is trying to get away from you.  Billy tea you make by boiling the water then throwing in the tealeaves and gum leaves if you like, and letting it come to the boil again.  You then take the billy off the fire carefully with the woollen sleeve of your shirt.  Then you swing the billy right round upside down a few times.  You pour the tea into enamel pannikins and add lots of sugar and give your dog a big roo bone while you sit on a rock and contemplate.  They used to use teatree leaves for tea, but I don't know what this tastes like..I suppose you can call it manuka tea.

Chockers is short for chock-a-block, or filled right up, like you are after you have 3 or 4 vegemite sangers..

Little John, you never told us how Brendett likes vegemite.  Have you been fighting over that jar?

Lone

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:39:06 pm »
OH I am so left out now. Will I ever be a part of this wonderful culture???

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 02:46:44 am »
I was about to send you your citizenship papers, but you missed some of bits when spreading the vegemite.

One wonders what US customs makes of this recent flood of vegemite into the US.

Offline Little John_NC

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 07:31:29 pm »
hey Mick
I'll do better the next time I promise .. Go ahead and send me papers mate Ill eat
a tea spoon full to prove my worthiness  :shock: Got me wanting a sanger now  :-D

Lone I have not been able to get Brendett to taste it yet Im workin on her.. :evil:
Little John

Winston Churchill

Caesar men cheered :

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 07:11:25 pm »

Basically you still have a few holes in your aussie knowledge, but we'll learn ya.  Looks like another happy little vegemiter has been born.

Lone

Not exactly the real thing though is it? just a pale imitation called by a different name. Marmite! now theres something to make you choke on! can anyone explain why babies like it so much?
cider :) 
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline philinacoma

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2010, 10:35:56 am »
Hey Lone, Slicko, etc..

If the Vegemite is too much for Netta, how bout we try her on a pie floater?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 04:35:13 pm »
Yeah, how about that??  I have been eating Kookaburra licorice this week that my hubby bought. So I like everything except the vegemite, doesn't that count for anything??

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2010, 04:36:03 pm »
Yeah, how about that??  I have been eating Kookaburra licorice this week that my hubby bought. So I like everything except the vegemite, doesn't that count for anything??

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 04:46:17 pm »
Nette, seems like you would do anything to get in here.. hey what do you have against us :-D :-D

Joke, Nette, joke.. hey put that frying pan down Nette.. just joking Nette................ Nette

Slicko