Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Mt. Vernon, Missouri  (Read 2208 times)

Offline Windy Ridge Apiary

• New Bee
Hello from Mt. Vernon, Missouri
« on: December 07, 2008, 12:41:03 am »
Getting ready to get back into beekeeping in the Spring of 2009. I've ordered my equipment and read all of my current and old Bee Culture magazines and now I'm still wanting more so I found a forum where I can discuss the hobby and keep the fever going. I just turned 45, the last time I had bees was in 1986 but didn't have the time for them then and before that I had bees in high school that I did real well with, still after all this time I still can't get the desire to get more out of my system. So I've made the commitment to jump back in with both feet and put together a plan incorporating different equipment and using Russian bees to try to beat the problems beekeepers have been having. My goal is to develop a program that will work to keep the bees we need and to get more people interested in keeping bees.  :)
Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:23-25

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Hello from Mt. Vernon, Missouri
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 07:25:42 am »
Welcome Doug,
Sounds like you really have a great passsion for your newly rediscovered  hobby! Hope you share your new beginnings with us.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:49:17 am »
Doug, welcome to our forum.  Fever isn't the only word for it, hee hee.  Under the spell of the honeybee, well, that brings us more deeply into how we are all affected, hee, hee.  So cool that after such a time you are wanting to get back into the fever, you will have some new ideas to work with them, that is wonderful.  Here will be a place you can tell us your stories, tales and experiences, we are an interested group of people, love to listen and tell our tales too, stick around, make some new friends.  Have a great and wonderful life and day, and great health too.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 08:23:43 pm »
Hello and Welcome Doug
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline dpence

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 01:58:44 am »
Hello Doug,
    Welcome aboard.  Lots of knowledge here.

David

anything