Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Complete Newb from Seattle.  (Read 1846 times)

Offline paindragon1

• New Bee
  • <vacant space>
Complete Newb from Seattle.
« on: August 08, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »
Hello!
My name is Dustin, I’m interested in bee keeping for a few reasons, mainly to help increase the population of honey bees and help with pollination in my area as best I can. I also have a desire to live “green” and supply my own resources. Lately I have been playing around with making my own wine / mead and would love to be able to produce my own honey.

I live in the great state of Washington near Seattle. My other hobbies as stated earlier are making wine / mead and Photography.  Someday I hope for all my small projects to be lucrative enough that I can support myself between all of them.
Veni vidi, fecit mulsi.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Complete Newb from Seattle.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 07:46:36 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Dustin.  Good luck with your bees and other projects.  I used to make wine, then my neighbor sold his vinyard and it died.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 08:20:25 pm »
Welcome to beemaster Dustin.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:53:41 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline AliciaH

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 08:24:44 pm »
Welcome, Dustin!  Are you going to start bees next season?

We tried mead for the first time last year, turned out pretty good!  Looking forward to making another go of it this year!

Offline paindragon1

• New Bee
  • <vacant space>
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 12:03:41 am »
Yes I am, we are moving into a new house soon and I hope to have 2 hives there and build a 3rd and 4th on a friends property outside of town.  I doubt I do anything with the 3rd and 4th hives next year as I'll not want to push my learning curve too far with an off site hive. However, if the hive ends up getting taken over by ferals I'll not complain any.

I'll spend this winter going to the local meetings and doing as much reading / talking as I can to get ready for it!
Veni vidi, fecit mulsi.

anything