Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Free shipping week  (Read 5248 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Re: Free shipping week
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2010, 02:49:59 pm »
I was just on the Brushy Mountain site and see that they have free shipping East of the MIssissippi for orders over $100. It says there are some restrictions. I am putting in an order this weekend.
but Minn. is west of the mississippi

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 02:07:06 am »
danno, If you look at a map, you'll see that only part of Minnesota is west of the Mississippi. I do actually live West of the Mississippi, but only one mile. Soooo, I will either get free shipping to my house or have the stuff shipped to a friends house on the other side of the river. Either way I will get free shipping. Actually you know, part of Minnesota isn't East or West of the Mississippi. Figure that one out.
Tim
Tim

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 09:23:38 pm »
You da man Tim.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 09:34:48 pm »
>>>Actually you know, part of Minnesota isn't East or West of the Mississippi. Figure that one out.<<<

It's also the only state where a normal person can jump across the Mississippi river. I've done it.

And to you other wiseguys, Yes, I'm normal in some ways.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Course Bee

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 12:24:55 am »
There are no normal people in Minnesota. I've also jumped across the Mississippi and walked across. February is a better time for the walk though. It's about 100yds across the river here.
Not to change the subject but, I noticed in the December Bee Culture that Brushy Mountain is advertising free shipping Dec. 1 through Dec. 19
Tim

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2010, 06:15:14 pm »
 Danno, got my boxes from Kelley's at the house. They look great and the fit is good also. Don't know how they make the hand holds but have no blow out on any of them. I can't say that about some of the other suppliers. Gonna be awhile to get this many banged together.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:19:42 pm by tefer2 »

Offline manfre

• House Bee
    • Backyard Apiary
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2010, 09:29:44 pm »
My order arrived today.  I only picked up 10 mediums, a sundance II and a pair of medium frame feeders. The boxes are pretty good quality. The fingers are not as tight as brushy's, but there are no gaps.
Backyard Apiary - My adventures in beekeeping.
Brewed By Us - A social site for homebrewers (beer, mead, etc.) to share recipes and brew journals.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 07:44:20 am »
Just ordered 50 hive bodies from kelly with free shipping.  $515.00   Thats $10.30ea.   Cant beat it

If you live in New England you can. Go to Humble Abodes in Windsor,Maine. 50 hive bodies $447.75 that's is $8.95 ea. but no free shipping.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/