Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from East Dorset, VT USA  (Read 1563 times)

Offline Bleemus

• New Bee
Greetings from East Dorset, VT USA
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:03:44 am »
Hello all. Just want to say hello from East Dorset, VT USA.  Looking forward to learning more from everyone here.

I take care of three hives of friends right now kinda by accident. My girlfriend had one and I asked her what she was doing with it she said she didn't know what to do. I read a few books and dove in. Word got around and I now am taking care of three different hives in my area. I have two hives that I am going to start next spring. Lots of fun!!

Off to see if I can keep these three alive for the winter. I started real late Sept and it quickly got too cold for syrup feeding and today will be warm enough to put on the new fondant boxes. Fingers crossed!  One hive is in real bad shape with practically no stores whatsoever.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Greetings from East Dorset, VT USA
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 11:18:15 am »
Welcome to the site! Good luck with keeping them alive during the winter. I have enough trouble keeping mine alive with mild winters. Larry

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 08:07:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum.   I today opened up a deadout for the chickens to clean up the moth larvae. Really early to lose one.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:40:20 pm »
Welcome to the site!

anything