Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Poison Ivy.  (Read 10487 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Poison Ivy.
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2017, 01:57:58 pm »
A friend of mine took the advice of a very old herbalist. When the new leaves first started coming on the vines he took a small piece 1/4x1/4?, put it on some light bread, folded the bread to make an encasement, then swallowed it. You got to be careful not to transfer any of the oil on you. He does that ever year and instead of getting shots he will just have a mild issue with it.

Next year save you some acorns in the freezer. When you have an outbreak crush them, chop them up in a blender to a powder, make a paste and apply it to the affected areas. This works to clear it up for most folks.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2017, 08:04:40 pm »
GSF,
Does it matter what type of acorns?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2017, 08:36:37 am »
Red oak is more astringent, but either will do. If acorns aren't available then harvest about a cup full of the inner bark(cambium). Put it in a quart of water, simmer it down to about a pint or less. I went back and read some of the plantain info on the earlier post of this tread. Among numerous other things, plantain helps the skin to rejuvenate and heal better.

I'm attending a herbal school and the oak trees were one of the topics we discussed. If I get time I'll go back through my notes to see if there's anything else. I plan on making some salves this year with various plant material.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 09:09:12 am »
Poison Ivy one of the worst plants in the world and I love most all plants.