Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Dunn County, Wisconsin  (Read 1748 times)

Offline wisconsin_cur

• House Bee
    • The Back Porch Blog
Dunn County, Wisconsin
« on: April 27, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »
Just checking in and saying howdy.

Starting with two hives this year.  I installed two packages with Russian queens on Thursday and it has been rain every day since.  I am just waiting for the Dandelions to bloom on the next sunny day.
“It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” J.R.R. Tolkien

The Back Porch

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Dunn County, Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 04:06:04 pm »
Hello and Welcome wisconsin_cur
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 11:25:37 pm »
Wisconsin, welcome to our forum, great that you have found us.  You are entering a wonderfully fascinating area, the life of the honeybee.  This can be a place where you can ask your questions, tell your stories, tales and experiences, and make some new friends.  Stick around, we love new members.  Have that wonderful and awesome day and life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 11:41:22 pm »
I can understand your frustration with the weather in our area.  Between the wind, rain, and cool temps in the area its been disappointing.  However at least we have moisture.  All we need is warm weather and for that darn wind to stop. 

I hope you keep active on this forum because I would really like to know how those Russian bees work our for you.  I thought hard about getting some myself but went with Italians.

Good luck with the bees.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

anything