Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Japan  (Read 2610 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
Greetings from Japan
« on: August 20, 2009, 08:09:49 am »
Hi.  I live in Chiba Japan on the pacific coast, and as a hobbyist have kept A. Cerana Japonica for 10 years or so in and around Tokyo.  Two of my hives were taken over by A. Mellifera swarms early this spring, and due to poor swarm management I now have one strong and three weak hives.  I have been guest snooping here for a while, enjoying your many helpful tips and food for thought while I learn some management differences.  Please allow me to absorb your knowledge going forward as I take this new journey with my mellifera ladies.

"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Greetings from Japan
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 10:06:12 am »
Paul, welcome to our forum, wonderful that you have found us.  It is great to have new members from different parts of the world, and that you are part of.  This WILL be the place where you can get advice, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, we love new members.  You are deeply held under the spell of the honeybee, as we all are, just something about these little critters that compel us to be involved with them, to get to know them, and accept what they give us in the way of that golden liquid beauty.  Stick around.  Have a most wonderful day, with a great life and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 04:54:14 pm »
very cool.  i don't remember a member from japan before?  one of my favorite places and my youngest son will be stationed there starting in December.

i look forward to hearing beekeeping tales from japan  :-D
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 05:49:00 pm »
Welcome Paul, its great to have you here. I think you may be our first member from Japan.
I look forward to hearing about your beekeeping adventures.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 08:49:05 am »
Thanks for the warm welcome.... I see another member (richardschmauss in Nagoya), so I may be the second from Japan.

My main ladies are A. Cerana - so any questions there, and I am happy to help out. but for A. Mellifera, I will be borrowing all of your techniques.

Thanks, again....

"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 09:40:36 am »
Hello and Welcome Paul
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2009, 10:52:44 pm »
Ohaio Gazaimatsu (spellings a might rusty)

I spent a nice year and 1/2 in Chitose, Hokkaiddo, Japan way back when.  Japan is my 2nd favorite place in the world after the good ol USA.
Glad we now have a beekeeper from ther.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Mehmet Yüksel

• New Bee
  • Mehmet Yüksel
    • Beekeeper from Germany
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 04:13:15 pm »
Welcome to the Forum Paul :)
I'm from turkey and live in Germany and I like Beekeeping very very much.
My Beekeeping Homepage http://mehmetyuksel1.blogspot.com

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 04:19:31 am »
kunbanwa, Masaaki Hatsumi was from Chiba prefect. He's the grand master of the art I study.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2009, 03:55:59 am »
kunbanwa, Masaaki Hatsumi was from Chiba prefect. He's the grand master of the art I study.

Yes - I needed to look him up - found him on Wiki.  I like his skillset combination - grandmaster of martial arts and a bone mender.  That is really rich. :)