Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: South Jersey :)  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Candiebears

• House Bee
    • Candiebees
South Jersey :)
« on: April 15, 2015, 11:46:40 am »
I'm new to bee keeping! I'm a whopping 5 days in!! Lol. I've been doing research for over 2 years now. Finally broke down and bought my bees for my 30th birthday (in March) and I feel like a kid again. In fact the day I got them, my mom was babysitting my kids.. and when I came home she told me I looked like a kid in a candy store :)

I wake up early and go out to check my bees.. And at 6:30am.. they don't want to come out and play..Lol. I don't bother them.. Just lift the lid and peek through the top escape and i check on them when I come home from work.. and I get the feeling I'm slightly obsessed with them. But I just find them to be absolutely fascinating. The more I read and learn, the more I want to read and learn. (this forum... is absolutely awesome.. It's very supportive and educational!)

I've started a blog all about my adventures.. I only have a couple posts, so far.. But I like to document what I do (and what I do wrong). Hopefully to inspire or help someone else.

I've been very fortunate for my husband, who has been very encouraging and has defend my bees and I to every nay-Sayer we've encountered!

And... My ultimate goal in beekeeping, is to catch a swarm. Because of my property size.. I am only allowed up to 3 hives maximum.. So I'm starting with one.. and will be getting a separate hive as a 'just in case a swarm comes.' So our next house... (when the time comes) Will have to be on a WAY bigger piece of land.
Bee patient with me... I just started this March of 2015..

You can follow my excursions on... www.candiebees.com

Offline Sumerduck

• New Bee
Re: South Jersey :)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:41:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  I'm three weeks in myself.