Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Online Mentors  (Read 5046 times)

Offline ziffabeek

• House Bee
Re: Online Mentors
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 02:06:43 pm »
I highly recommend iddee as a mentor!  He has helped me a lot this past year and is very generous with his time.  It's really nice to have someone to ask your specific questions of, even if most of them are hand holding ones. :)

Thanks again iddee for all of your help!

love,
ziffa

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2010, 02:59:35 pm »
I agree - Iddee is fabulous and willing to help.  He talked me through a difficult maneuver on the telephone and was so, so helpful.  I'm not in Virginia but there are lots of slideshows and posts on my blog about beginning beekeeping - just look through the post lists on the right side bar.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2010, 04:35:39 pm »
Mentors are great!  The thing for me is that I need to have one way to do things, even if it is the "wrong" way, as long as it works.  Once I have things working then I can work on improving and personalizing it.  These forums are awesome, and books are great, but sometimes when starting, too many things all at once can really cause more confusion than help.

I find that a lot of beekeepers don't talk a whole lot about it, personality thing, but there are a lot of them that you just can't get to shut up about it (like myself!) :)

Club meetings are great too!! Get out there if possible.  You can usually get somewhat cheaper bees through them too if necessary.

Rick
Rick