Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Photo Bucket  (Read 4237 times)

Offline doak

• Super Bee
Photo Bucket
« on: January 24, 2009, 07:47:17 pm »
Any one here that is using Photo Bucket having any problem?
 some on another forum say they think they have a virus from Photo Bucket.
 :? :roll:doak

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
Re: Photo Bucket
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 08:13:29 pm »
Funny you should say that, I was at photobucket today and my virus detector said there was  a trojan attack, and I couldn't figure out were it was coming  in at. I don't get viruses,,, I run constant survelliance on my comp. so I didn't really get anything but it sure sounded the alarms, hmmm, someone could have planted a bug on there site tho. or it could have beeen in a picture they uploaded.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 08:52:57 pm »
Makes me not want to use it for fear of getting something in my machine,  not saying nothing for spreading it.
My camera went out any how so I don't have anything new to post. doak

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 10:25:31 am »
I wouldn't worry too much about it , a good virus protection, and keep it updated should keep you safe. or it could be just one photo that someone infected sent up to there own album.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 10:35:50 am »
I didn't get anything, but the last few times trying to upload pictures, it took forever. After one time, I just ended it after it took so long.
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:36:50 am »
When you use a free service, you apt to get all kinds of "free" stuff.   Unfortunately,  to use the internet at all, you are exposing yourself at some level.  As previously stated, the best defense is a good anti-virus/firewall.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 02:35:11 pm »
It was an ad that held your computer hostage until you allowed it to scan your computer for viruses, supposedly. What it would really do is install a virus. Only the ones allowing it to scan received the virus. The ones force closing the computer and rebooting did not get the virus. It was corrected yesterday afternoon and there is no problem now, unless the hacker comes back.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline akane

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 03:43:18 am »
I've had a photobucket account since jan 05 and logged in on average daily without so much as a blip on my antivirus/firewall software.  They have added some adds lately but to get a virus from that  you'd have to click one or click a pop up.  Alot of people get viruses by falling for popups that say your computer is infected with something.  Then when you click remove or scan it actually installs the virus.  You have to be smarter than the adware and virus makers.  I do have a habit of finding tricky websites that get me viruses though.  Without security software I killed an xp install in less than 2weeks.  Personally I go with avg for virus, comodo firewall, and ad-aware with this copy of xp being clean for 5months(new record!).  Insert "secure" followed by your os "xp", "vista" etc into google or your favorite search engine and you'll find many sites listing the latest software and don't forget to turn your pop up blocker on.  If your security is so low you can get something from photobucket you can get something from about any site and it may be a tracking cookie saved on your computer that's doing it automatically instead of the site your actually loading.