Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lifestyle photos  (Read 3018 times)

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Lifestyle photos
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:35:26 pm »
These are photos of my neighbors on a chilly 15 degree morning:
The Gathering

The cold ride home

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
Re: Lifestyle photos
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 05:13:53 pm »
live here seen that :)
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 05:27:57 pm »
amish?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 06:05:04 pm »
Yes ,they are Amish Mici. You must be familiar with the sect.Most of the farms in my general area are Amish owned.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 06:39:18 pm »
well, i'm not really familiar with them, i just...know about them, and the most common things about them. the older i get the more i agree with them, of course to a certain point. on the other hand...if one rephrases their way, they're just totally anti-globalism. hey buzbee, do they have bees? if not, you really oughta present them to them..not rellying on buying sugar...and what a contribution to their home pharmacy.

oh, but judging from the pictures, they're still a bit more advanced than they're usually presented.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 07:26:11 pm »
A couple of the Amish families nearby have bees but I didn't know this until after I had got started.
It is not the ones that are my direct neighbors but from about a mile away.
I plan to share some honey with my neighbors as they always share the fruits of their labor in the garden. I rthink my bees being so close benefits their garden as well!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 08:03:37 pm »
Ken, very nice pictures.  I admire the lifestyle of these people.  I sometimes think it would be a beautiful way to live, simple, and I would long to be that way.

UNTIL.  I think about the conveniences of my life.  I have been many times without the gift of electricity.  Now, not being 100% totally prepared, this has caused quite hardship many times.  But, if I was more prepared for basic living, it could be OK.

Nope, on second thought, don't want to go there, don't want to do that.  I like my heat, lights, and music.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 08:25:22 pm »
Funny you mention heat and lighting. After hurricane Ivan went through this area in September 04? the amish were the only ones to have lights.(gas)And they had heat from their gas or wood stoves with the exception of our more conventional neighbors that had wood stoves.
Amazing what happens when the electric goes off.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2007, 02:08:48 am »
I picked those carts right away. I do not know a lot about the Amish, but I do admire their forgiving nature.