Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Maine  (Read 2270 times)

Offline treeoflife

• New Bee
Hello from Maine
« on: December 30, 2009, 09:49:18 am »
This is my first year beekeeping and I love it. Got my first hive in May 09 and have had a great time, gaining a lot of experience my first season. The plan is to start two more hives in the spring. I love learning, so I'll be checking out the site on a regular basis. It's 7 degrees this morning in southern Maine. Brrrrr! My bees seem fine....I love hearing that steady huuummmmmm when I put my ear to the hive.  :-D
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Sir Winston Churchill

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from Maine
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 01:16:02 pm »
Welcome to the forum.  It's good to have another Maniac on board  :-D.  Update your location in your profile when you get a moment.  It will help people respond to your questions better if they understand where you're located.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline treeoflife

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 02:56:17 pm »
Thanks, and yes, it's nice to see another Maniac here. And apparently we aren't far from each other, so our temps, weather, types of bee forage, etc. will be quite similar. :-D

Do you know Rick Cooper?

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." - Sir Winston Churchill

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 04:02:01 pm »
No I don't know him, but I think I've heard his name mentioned before.  We should have fairly similar conditions weatherwise at least.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline treeoflife

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 04:28:24 pm »
I was just curious. I'll be taking Rick's bee school in Feb. (in Bowdoinham). He's been a big help to me this past season and he's a great resource for lots of folks in these parts.

Anyway, nice to 'meet' you and see you on the forum!  :-D

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 12:56:15 am »
Treeoflife.  Welcome to our forum, so great you have found us.  You are delving deep into the secret life of the honeybee, and you will soon be held deeply under their spell, even more deeply than you probably already are.  Stick around, we love new members, we love to listen, you will have a great place to tell you stories, tales and experiences, and make some new friends.  Have that most wonderful day, with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 10:54:18 am »
Hello there and welcome.. I am Mainer by family but living in southern PA at the moment.  I am heading back to New England somewhere in about a year and will be eagerly watching the Maine posts for info.  Good luck up there and stay warm

Jason from
Doverfoxcroft, ME
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

anything