Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Getting started  (Read 2194 times)

Offline dennis a

• New Bee
Getting started
« on: May 21, 2009, 04:19:11 pm »
Been lurking for a while should introduce myself. Live in southeast Iowa town of Nichols pop. 350 or so.
Started with one hive last year and was not intimidated too much. With swarm today will have 6.
Wife Carolyn and I try to be a self sufficient as possible (chickens, garden, catfish in the pond and venison).
Really appreciate all of the advice here and look forward to talking to you in the future.
Dennis
Dennis

Offline Bee Whisper82

• House Bee
Re: Getting started
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:39:56 pm »
Congrat on having six hives I just started this year and have 3.  I think that is enough for my first year.  good luck on your hives.

James 

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 06:06:53 pm »
Hi Dennis, welcome to the forum.
You will have alot in common with some of the folks here.
Some of us have chickens and gardens as well.
We have a gardening and farming section that you may be interested in.
Stop by and chat. Maybe your wife would be interested in checking the forum out as well.
I am very interested in self sufficiency, its been my goal this year to become more self sufficient than last year and I am making some decent progress but would love to hear about your experiences with it.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 08:24:44 pm »
Hello and Welcome Dennis 
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny 

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 10:20:13 pm »
Hello Dennis and welcome, there are a lot of knowledgeable people here.
Bobby

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 12:48:35 pm »
Dennis, welcome to our forum, isn't it great that you have found us.  This will be a place where you will enjoy to spend time, a place to tell your stories, tales, experiences, and also make some new friends.  You live in a very small town, that is wonderful.  I would love to be in a small town.  BEautiful days, to love and live, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service