Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hailing from KY and new to this thing called beekeeping  (Read 1584 times)

Offline GoldenDog

• New Bee
Hailing from KY and new to this thing called beekeeping
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:35:45 am »
Good Morning! or Afternoon! or Evening!

I will be starting my journey into the seemingly wonderful world of bees in the spring.  I have boxes made, frames ready for assembly, waiting on foundation, more equipment than I probably need, and I am looking to catch a couple swarms as opposed to buying. So, any tips/tricks/ideas you have are more than welcomed! I have been reading a lot and watching a lot of videos, and even though I probably have a lot more to learn, I think I am ready for this! Kinda!  :-D

I look forward to chatting with all of you!
1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
Re: Hailing from KY and new to this thing called beekeeping
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:51:44 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.  The search feature here will help you with almost any question you might have. So have a look around and get comfortable.
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline GoldenDog

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 07:57:24 am »
Will do! thanks!
and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 08:48:26 am »
Welcome aboard, Goldendog.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 12:52:25 pm »
Welcome Goldendog.   :cheer:

Have you looked into a local beekeeping club? They might have classes, mentors and help with finding a swarm.   -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline GoldenDog

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 02:05:32 pm »
Thanks tefer2! Glad to be here!

Mike, There is a local club that I have not reached out to yet, but I plan on making their next meeting!

Thanks!

GoldenDog

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:33:06 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2014, 09:34:39 pm »
Welcome
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.