Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from the East Texas Piney Woods  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Ronnie Elliott

• New Bee
Greetings from the East Texas Piney Woods
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:22 pm »
Hi Y'all, I live in Palestine, 40-miles South of Tyler on Hwy 155.  I'm 59-years old, married with 2-grown kids, that have left the nest, and wished the wife would let us fill the empty void with another.  The best I can do is have exchange students come stay with us, the kids are fun to have around.  I started keeping bees in 1989, off, and on, and am still not considered a beekeeper.  I enjoy keeping around 12-hives as just a hobby.  I just turned diabetic, Type 2, so I give my honey away to friends, and family.  I'm retired (just found a place to quit) as a general bulding contractor for 30-years.  I'm still asking lots of questions on how to keep bees, and just like the building bussiness was, I learn a new trick everyday,

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: Greetings from the East Texas Piney Woods
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 11:59:07 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Glad you took the time to register and become a member. Come and check out ventrilo chat and meet some new friends. 8-)
 http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=5880.0

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 11:59:34 pm »
Welcome Ronnie. Hope you enjoy your time at the forum.You will find a lot of info here.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2008, 08:03:34 am »
Welcome to the forums. You will like it here.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2008, 09:18:03 am »
Welcome to the boards Ronnie! This may interest you: http://www.tupelohoney.org/

....JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:37 am »
Ronnie, welcome, you found that place to ask questions, learn more and more about beeekeeping.  This is really a great place to also make lots of new friends too, you will see.  If your kids are grown and gone, I can see why your Wife doesn't want more, hee, hee.  Settle with the exchange students for sure.  Welcome and have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Ronnie Elliott

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2008, 02:05:50 am »
 :) Well, what a nice reception, I think I'm going to like it here.  When I find out how to get around, I will fit right in to your group.  I never get enough friends who will help me learn more about keeping the girls happy, and heathy.  Thank Y'all so much for the kind words of encourqament.  I have already met Understudy on the phone, and from this site, and we have done some business.  Thank you all so much.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 11:52:28 am »
Ronnie, you're not only going to like it here, you will love it here, you will be addicted to this site.  I am not kidding you!!!  This is the most wonderful place to learn, no one hurts anyone by any nasty comments, all, and I mean all, questions get answers, and no answer is considered irrelevant or uninteresting or dumb, ask away, anything, you will always have great comments.  And an excellent beekeeper you will become, with the assistance of the forum members here (and your own study and work too).  Again, welcome, have an excellent and wonderful day, love our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service