Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Hunter NY  (Read 2271 times)

Offline TheGravel

• Brood
Greetings from Hunter NY
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »
New to the whole world of bee keeping, I recently got into making Mead (honey wine) and thought maybe a logical next step would be getting into beekeeping, i wont be starting for a few months, now that its getting cold. So i hope to pick some brains between now and april/may-ish to learn all i can.

I have many passions in life, i love painting, writing poetry and short stories, playing and writing music. Love watching movies and reading. Big wine drinker, and that lead to mead which lead me here.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Greetings from Hunter NY
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 10:34:39 pm »
Welcome Gravel,

I'm over by the Ashokan reservoir so we are almost like neighbors :-D  Glad to have you stop by and I'm sure you will find it a great place to learn.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:49:52 pm »
Hello and Welcome Gravel
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Johnny

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 07:44:25 am »
Hello and Welcome!

This forum is great place to learn more about bees and beekeeping. Be sure to check out the tutorials on the main Beemaster page, and check your local library for books & videos on beekeeping. Also, get involved with a local beekeeping club:
http://www.masterbeekeeper.org/resources/beegroups.htm
Clubs often offer beginning beekeeping classes, and are good places to find mentors and get connected with local beekeepers.

Lastly, don't forget to update your profile with your location. Much of beekeeping is location specific, so knowing where you are will help us answer your questions.

Offline Schoon

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:48:59 pm »
Hello and Welcome Gravel .
Bobby

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 10:38:05 am »
TheGravel.  Welcome to our forum, nice that you have found us.  BUT...you have only posted once, where did you go?  STick around, we love new members.  Spend time with us this winter, learn lots about the bees.  We have mountains of information that you can glean, we have many experienced and inexperienced beekeepers.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories, tales, experiences.  We have some great topics on mead making.  I for one, one day will make some mead, maybe this winter, you may have tips for us to glean.  Have the most wonderful day, enjoy our life with great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service