Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: source for bottles  (Read 4423 times)

Offline The Bee Man

• New Bee
source for bottles
« on: February 07, 2006, 08:56:26 am »
Hello everyone.  I am looking to buy large quantities of bottles (in the thousands) but cannot seem to find any beyond the usual catalogs (Brushy Mountain, Mann Lake, and that kind of place).  I am guessing it is possible to buy them cheaper from whoever makes them, but I have not found anything around.  Any of you have a supplier or an idea?  It would be ideal if it is in the northeast so I could drive and pick up the order, to save on shipping.  Thanks all!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
source for bottles
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 09:05:39 am »
Google search bottles and jars
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Jack Parr

• House Bee
YEAH AND WHEN YOU
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 09:29:56 am »
Quote from: Jerrymac
Google search bottles and jars

find a supplier of plastic honey containers that is cheaper than the usual suppliers,  bee supply firms, let us kno.  

I bought the 1 # skep containers, with label and cap, for almost 50 cents per.  

You have to buy in carton lots, some 250 containers, to get a decent price but the shipping is getting to be hi hi hi :!:

Good luck and let us kno what you find.

Offline Chad S

• House Bee
source for bottles
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 11:42:40 am »
Bee Man,

I bought jars from a place in Everett MA.  Sorry I can't find the name I would have to double check with my wife.  We paid .43 cents for 1lb. jar with lid, and .74 cents for 2lb. jar with lid.  This was the gross price.  I was thinking I might buy a pallet of each this year to get an even better price.  From checking around the Pallet price is the pallet price from place to place with in a few cents.  As you have said it's the shipping that will get you.  Let me know if you want me to dig up the vender in Everett.

Chad

Offline The Bee Man

• New Bee
source for bottles
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:56:32 am »
Jerry, what a fabulous idea!  Searching Google as you suggested only brought up slightly more than three million sites!  I was rather hoping that the people on this forum might have some specific information or contacts.  Your reply (to search Google) would probably be appropriate for 99% of the questions placed here and indeed, in the world.

Chad, I would appreciate it, if it is not too much of a bother, the name of the place in MA.

Jack, I will keep you informed!

Offline Chad S

• House Bee
source for bottles
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 03:48:26 pm »
Bee Man,

Go Here http://www.andler.com/catalog/queenlinehoney.html

I did by the way find them using a google type search  :wink: it was a PITA though.  The trick is to find a place big enough, and close enough to make it work.  By the way I asked the same question last year, and got about the same response.  My club Middlesex cty Bee Keepers had good prices on Jars, it was the pallet price, and split shipping among members.  If you have a pick up or trailor, and Everett is not to far off your good to go.  Good luck to you let us know how it works out.

Chad

Offline Jack Parr

• House Bee
NO GOOD
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 07:01:58 pm »
that Andler site.

No pricing so U muss call.

Actually there are more plastic containers available than U would believe.
I gave up looking and just ordered from the Bee Stuff Suppliers and got quick service. I found all of  them pretty competitive in pricing.  The more bought, the cheaper they are.

Shipping is what is adding a considerable sum to online purchases but then U save on the sales tax so...

Offline brboardman

• New Bee
    • http://www.NowImWell.com
Bottles
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:47:55 pm »
Regarding your inquiry about bottles, I bought some neat ones this year from this outfit:

http://www.specialtybottle.com

They don't fit the bill in terms of being in the NE, since they're in Seattle, but I thought they had a pretty good selection.  I bought the 9 oz Bee bottles.   :D

I have no idea how they stack up in terms of price.

Hope this is helpful!

Brad
"Eat your fruits and vegetables!" - A whole new meaning.

Offline Jack Parr

• House Bee
PLASTIC BOTTLES
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2006, 08:17:34 am »
Brad, unless your posted website has some other products hidden that I could not find, their clear plastic bottles are not the usual honey bottles.

Furthermore, their clear plastic bottle prices are up there and the sizes are restricted to 8 oz.

Brushy Mtn Bee Farm 2006 catalogue has a good selection of honey bottles.  They should be online.

Keep lookin'

Offline brboardman

• New Bee
Specialty Bottles
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 06:37:18 pm »
Hi Jack.

RE:  Brad, unless your posted website has some other products hidden that I could not find, their clear plastic bottles are not the usual honey bottles.

The jars I bought were not plastic.  They were 9 oz glass jars shaped like a bee.  It appeared to me, when looking at their site, that quite a bit of what they produce is glass.  I found these in the left column under "Other Clear Glass Jars."

Like I said, I don't know how they compare price-wise, but I would think you'd get some discount if you were buying pallets of them.

Offline The Bee Man

• New Bee
source for bottles
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2006, 08:57:17 pm »
Thanks, folks for all of your responses.  I checked out the Thompson business directory and found a few leads, but still, no complete joy.  I appreciate your insights and will continue to search and look for your ideas.

Offline The Bee Man

• New Bee
source for bottles
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2006, 08:58:12 pm »
Brboardman, I like that 9oz bee bottle!  Very cute!  Did you weigh it with the honey in it?  What does it come to- about 11.25oz net weight?

Offline brboardman

• New Bee
Bee Bottles
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 09:22:09 pm »
Hi The Bee Man!

Yes, I weighed with and without the honey.

Empty with lid:  8.6 oz
Full of honey:  1 lb, 1.6 oz (or 17.6 oz)

They were really the perfect size for what I wanted, which was for Christmas gifts.  Since I only harvested from four hives I obviously couldn't afford to be giving quarts to everyone!

I gave away about 60 of these bottles this past Christmas.  People LOVED them.  They were real cute when I put the little red bows under their chins!   :lol:

Brad