Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2-3 active hives.  (Read 2430 times)

Offline september sky

• Brood
2-3 active hives.
« on: June 14, 2010, 08:21:08 pm »
Hi,

I currently have 2-3 bee hives in a filtration & heating system for my in-ground backyard pool.

I would like to take the humane approach to ridding the problem by finding a beekeeper (local or that is willing to travel) to safely & completely remove all colonies of bees from the area.

The nest(s) are located in the same vicinity, mainly behind a pull-out panel for the filtration & heating system.

I first realized the nest was there today, and have since witnessed a lot of activity from it, mainly in the form of anywhere from 5-7 bees hovering about and retreating inside the panel.

Any help or insight regarding this problem will be greatly appreciated (I also reside in the NY area).

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: 2-3 active hives.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:26:52 pm »
Click on the gold triangle in the upper right hand corner of the main page that says, "need bees removed".  You should be able to find someone close to you.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: 2-3 active hives.
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:50:23 pm »
It would help us a bit if you posted your approx location! I'd be willing to help if you're in central FL and could be convinced to travel anywhere in the Caribbean :-D

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything